Financial strategies for unmarrieds
Tags: UNMARRIED couples
- One in 8 Americans over 45 lives unmarried. Hanson, Cynthia; McLaughlin, Abraham // Christian Science Monitor;9/7/95, Vol. 87 Issue 198, p2
Reports the finding of an American Association of Retired Persons regarding the number of Americans over 45 living with a member of opposite sex without getting married, and gives reason for the same.
- Church, marriage, and legitimacy in the British West Indies (nineteenth and twentieth centuries). Ortmayr, Norbert // History of the Family (Elsevier Science);1997, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p141
Presents information on a problem of non-marital unions which plagued the British West Indian islands in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. Identification of the problem; Introduction of an additional factor; Indepth look at each problem.
- DP registry petition certified in Cleveland Heights. // Gay & Lesbian Times;7/17/2003, Issue 812, p35
Reports on the certification of a petition by backers of a domestic-partner registry in Cleveland Heights, Ohio, calling for a public vote on the issue.
- Marriage: practice makes imperfect? // Psychology Today;Jul/Aug88, Vol. 22 Issue 7/8, p15
A Yale University study has concluded that women who cohabitate with their partners before marriage are 80% more likely to separate or divorce than women who do not live with their spouses before marriage.
- At a loss for words. Grace, Kevin Michael // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;5/13/96, Vol. 23 Issue 22, p43
Reports that in the 1990s, the term `umfriend' is the latest term for how bedmates refer to each other, according to the May 1996 `Wired.'
- Couples living apart. Milan, Anne; Peters, Alice // Canadian Social Trends;Summer2003, Issue 69, p2
Focuses on characteristics of individuals in Living Apart Together (LAT) unmarried couples in Canada. Definition of LAT couples; Percentage of Canadians opting for LAT arrangement; Age profile of LAT couples; Occupational analysis of LAT couples; Reasons for opting for LAT arrangement.
- The unexpected consequences of 'living together.' Terry, Sara // Christian Science Monitor;4/10/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 96, p1
Looks at cultural reasons for the increased cohabitation of heterosexual couples in the United States in light of a statistical decline in marriage among young people.
- San Francisco set to define `family.' Digitale, R. // Christianity Today;10/20/89, Vol. 33 Issue 15, p44
Reports that San Francisco voters will soon vote on a proposal which would allow homosexual couples and unmarried heterosexual couples who live together to register their relationships. Once registered, such couples would be eligible for benefits now given only to married couples. Opposition...
- Cohabiting may trip up trip to the altar. Schaeffer, Pamela // National Catholic Reporter;5/3/96, Vol. 32 Issue 27, p3
Discusses the difficulties that cohabitation may inflict on couples who desire to have a Catholic wedding. Case of a couple who were reprimanded by a priest who knew they were cohabiting; Stand of the Catholic church on cohabitation; Denouncement of the church on fornication; Comments from the...