Anti-Semitism in Atlanta
- Political corrections abounding. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;3/1/93, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p29
States the politically correct `Edmonton Journal' has devoted a full page to discussing whether the politically correct University of Alberta student newspaper the `Gateway' was politically correct in publishing an anti-Israel cartoon in its January 5 edition. The politically correct Albert...
- No Hitler, no Holocaust. // Commentary;Mar1984, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p37
Hitler made the Holocaust because he wanted to make it. Anti-Semitism did not make him make it. Hitler was ex-Christian and anti-Christian. There was much and there remains some Christian anti-Semitism. Hitler's anti-Semitism was anti-Christian. Marxist anti-Semitism is also anti-Christian....
- Marxism vs. the Jews. // Commentary;Apr84, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p28
Why is anti-Semitism on the Left of the political spectrum? Why in particular is this new form increasingly common among intellectuals?
- The Arab world discovers anti-Semitism. // Commentary;May86, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p30
Anti-Semitism is a hatred of Jews which is unique in its persistence, universality, profundity, and theological & psychological origins. Such anti-Semitism did not exist in the traditional Islamic world. However, it was developed by Arab governments to explain Israel's swift, overwhelming...
- Anti-Semitism and Jewish identity. Meyer, M.A. // Commentary;Nov89, Vol. 88 Issue 5, p35
Describes the role of anti-Semitism in shaping Jewish identity. Image to non-Jews; Jewish self-hatred; Nazism; The post-Holocaust age Jew.
- Accounting for anti-Semitism. Katz-Leavy, J. // Commentary;Jun91, Vol. 91 Issue 6, p52
Traces the history of anti-Semitism from the origin of the term in Germany in 1879. Background of religious conflict; Jews viewed as aliens; Rationalism brought emancipation in the 18th and 19th centuries; The modern persecution of Jews up to and including the Holocaust.
- A gallery of former Jews. Elkin, J.L. // Commentary;Dec91, Vol. 92 Issue 6, p38
Discusses anti-semitism in Latin America. The enigma of Jewish life in Latin America; Intermarriage and assimilation; The diminishing Jewish traditions; Examples from Argentina, Uruguay and other countries; Jewish arrivals in Latin America due to migration and deportation; Racism on the right...
- Holocaust justice? Hofmann, Margret // Christian Science Monitor;2/27/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 64, p11
Opinion. Offers the author's thoughts on whether she should have brought to justice, Frau Wirth, her next door neighbor in Berlin, Germany, who made life miserable for the author's mother, a Jew, in the late 1930s.
- Double jeopardy. Djindjihashuili, N. // Mother Jones;Feb/Mar88, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p17
A Soviet Jew tells the story of his move to the US, where he became a broadcaster for Voice of America in Washington, DC until he objected to the broadcast of chapters from a novel by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn which he judged anti-semitic.
- Hurlers of the Slur. Rothschild, Matthew // Progressive;May2009, Vol. 73 Issue 5, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Eduardo Galeano on anti-Semitism, one by Howard Zinn on Israeli policies and another on immoral and disproportionate response of Israel on Gaza invasion.