Purdue University Launches New Indenture With $95M Issue
- A day at the races. // Time;4/22/1991, Vol. 137 Issue 16, p33
Details Bug Bowl 1991, held last week at Purdue University, where 150 fans watched competing cockroaches in the first running of the Giganteus Stakes. In a photo finish, Hot to Trott II won the cup by a labrum.
- School lends new meaning to protect turf. // R&D Magazine;Feb96, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p116
Reports on the creation of a Turf grass Research and Diagnostic Center, by Purdue University. Reason for facility; Cost of new facility.
- Purdue offers new online writing lab. // Technology Connection;Jan95, Vol. 1 Issue 6, p11
Reports on the online writing laboratory at Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana.
- Purdue program seeks internships for college students. // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/18/96, Vol. 16 Issue 53, p40A
Reports on the search by Purdue University's Technology Assistance Program for companies that can offer summer internships for its students. Contact information.
- Food for thought. Mayer, Kathy // Indiana Business Magazine;Aug96 Supplement Corporate Director, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p13
Focuses on the food and agriculture-related research at Purdue University. Examples of industrial applications of their research; Funding sources for their research.
- Cricket spitting returns to '98 Bug Bowl. // Machine Design;
Provides information on the Bug Bowl, hosted by Purdue University in 1990. Detailed information on the event; Addition of the cricket-spitting contest to the Bug Bowl; Goals of the Bug bowl; Comments from Tom Turpin, professor of entomology and Bug Bowl co-founder; Contact information provided.
- Purdue studies liquid cooling. Nordwall, Bruce D. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/7/1993, Vol. 138 Issue 23, p146
Reports on research at Purdue University on a new liquid immersion cooling technique to meet the heat dissipation needs of future high density avionics and supercomputers. The phase-change technique's advantage; Where the first systems to require the new liquid-phase cooling will be used; Use...
- Purdue seminars cover UV/EB finishing and powder coating. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Feb97, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p18
Reports that West Lafayette, Indiana-based Purdue University will co-sponsor seminars on powder coatings and UV/EB finishing systems. Seminars' topics; Contact information.
- Coatings lab helps companies find environmental solutions. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Mar1997, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p64
Features Purdue University's Coatings Applications Research Laboratory (CARL), a facility designed to help manufacturers find cost-effective ways to meet new environmental regulations. Achievement of total volatile organic compound (VOC); Equipment contained in the laboratory; Funding for the...