MassPike's Suspect Swaps
- Two MassPike Swap Deals Could Hurt Credit Quality, Fitch Warns. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/20/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31537, p4
Reports that the credit quality of the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority could be harmed by two interest-rate swap deals that it carried out to generate funds for the financially strained state authority. Reason why the authority's credit quality could deteriorate by the deals; Factors which led...
- MassPike Swap Payment a Looming Threat. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;1/14/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33041, p1
The article focuses on the move of the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority to tackle its costly swap payment agreements in 2009. It states that a temporary general obligation has pledged and aimed at shoring up the rating on five UBS Securities LLC swaps. It adds that if the rating on the swaps is...
- America's highways go native. // American Nurseryman;3/1/94, Vol. 179 Issue 5, p17
Reports that Massachusetts' Landscape Management Program is turning the Massachusetts Turnpike into a more aesthetically pleasing and memorable stretch of road by emphasizing the natural and cultural landscapes of New England. Altered mowing practices; Pruning rather than removal of tall reeds...
- MassDOT Offers Underwriter REQ for Turnpike Debt. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;7/21/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33353, p24
The article reports on the offer of Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) to work on potential refunding of the 145 million dollars of Western Turnpike debt.
- Judge takes referendum on ending MassPike tolls off November ballot. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;06/25/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30422, p39
Reports on the unconstitutional ballot initiative which will remove tolls on Massachusetts Turnpike according to a ruling by the Massachusetts Judicial Supreme Court. Failure of Attorney General Scott Harshbarger and drafters of Free the Pike's petition to consider that interest payments due to...
- Let's Not Call It a Toll. Jallos-Prufer, Noah // Teen Ink;Nov2012, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p7
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of driving on toll tax road with shortage of money in Massachusetts Turnpike in Massachusetts.
- Massachusetts State Senator Pushes Gas Tax Over Tolls for Big Dig Debt. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;2/15/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31326, p5
Reports on the increase in the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority's toll. Legislation for hiking the gas tax rather than toll; Payment of debt service on bonds issued for the Ted William Tunnel Project; Effect of increase in tolls on the people using turnpike; Support of the state Senator David...
- Massachusetts Turnpike Bonds Hit With Negative Outlook by Moody's. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;11/16/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31267, p5
Reports that the rating agency Moody's Investors Service lowered the outlook on Massachusetts Turnpike Authority's metropolitan highway system revenue bonds to negative on November 15, 2001. Reason behind the change in outlook of the agency on the bonds; Role of attitude of the authority's...
- MASSACHUSETTS: Negligent, Not Fradulent. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;7/07/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31671, p37
Reports that James Kerasiotes, former chairman of the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority did not intend to deceive holders of bonds issued to finance the Big Dig.