California Legislative Analyst's Office: Give Pay-as-You-Go More Credence
- May Revision of state budget will likely be compromise between parties. Lockhart, Lee // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;05/15/2000, Issue 322616, p34
Comments on California governor Grey Davis' proposed 2000-2001 budget for the state. Budget surplus of the state and its impact on the new budget; Ways reviewed by California legislatures to avoid making a big refund to taxpayers.
- Bulging California coffers prompt ideas on where to spend the extra cash. Lockhart, Lee // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;05/22/2000, Issue 322619, p30
Editorial. Comments on California Governor Grey Davis' revised budget for the 2000-01 fiscal year. Total surplus revenues; Percentage of the surplus proposed by Davis to use on one-time only programs; Breakdown of Davis' budget proposal; Controversy over the proposed individual tax rebates and...
- Davis to Veto Budget Cuts Hinging on Vehicle License Fee. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;2/5/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31567, p5
Reports on plans of California governor Gray Davis to veto a package of budget cuts related to an increase in the state's vehicle license fee. Plans of the state to sell general obligation bonds; Moves of Democratic majorities in the Senate and assembly regarding budget cuts; Possible impact of...
- Area Code Proposal Gains Leverage. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;10/09/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 41, p6
Highlights the bill signed by California Governor Grey Davis which gives leverage to California advocates for wireless-only area codes. Requirements of the law; Why telecommunication companies opposed the wireless-only area codes; Information on the issues addressed by the law.
- Letters. // Newsweek;8/11/2003, Vol. 142 Issue 6, p13
Presents letters to the editor regarding numerous articles previously published in 'Newsweek.' Reaction to the mishandling of finances by Californian Governor Grey Davis; Problems with medical coverage plans.
- Yields Rise as Market Begins to Hum Again. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p9
The article reports on the rise of the weekly yield index of "The Bond Buyer" in light to moderate secondary trading as there is a slowdown of activities after a holiday lull in the U.S.
- Wisconsin's New Leaders Tap Market for $430M. Shields, Yvette // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p12
The articl reports on the plan of Wisconsin to sell its 20-year general oblication bonds for 430 million dollars to fund bricks-and-mortar capital projects in the first debt issuance of the new administration.
- Top 25 issuers in California. // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p22A
Lists the top 25 bond issuers in California, as ranked by principal amount of bonds issued from January 1 through August 13, 1997. Includes California Housing Finance Agency; Anaheim Public Finance Authority; Los Angeles School District; State of California; Bond assignments; Principal amount;...
- Top 25 underwriters in California. // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p28A
Lists the top 25 bond underwriters in California ranked by principal amount of bonds issued from January 1 through August 13, 1997. Includes BancAmerica Securities Inc.; Paine Webber Inc.; Merrill Lynch & Co.; Smith Barney Inc.; Number of public finance bankers; Retail sales personnel;...