Utah Governor Weighs Special Session to Wrestle With Budget
- Budget Shortfalls Push Utah Toward Its Fifth Special Session of the Year. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/20/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31517, p5
Reports on Governor Mike Leavitt's plans to call lawmakers into a special session in December 2002, that could include additional layoffs and more budget cuts for the fiscal year 2003 budget for the state Utah. Factor contributing to the Governor's decision; Decrease in the fiscal revenues of...
- Utah's Gov. Leavitt Undoes Some Cuts to Corrections. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/7/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31547, p4
Reports on the removal of legislative reductions in the budget of state law enforcement, court and corrections agencies by Utah governor Mike Leavitt. Percentage of reductions in the budget; Removal of reductions for prevention of layoffs in the agencies; Possible re-enforcement of a fraction...
- Utah Governor Plans to Convene A Special Session. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/26/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31801, p4
Reports on the plans of Utah Governor Mike Leavitt to convene a special session that will allow lawmakers to correct a technical error in the state budget. Reasons behind clarification sought by Leavitt in the Senate Bill 66.
- Utah Governor to Call Special Session as Budget Hole Deepens. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/15/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31387, p5
Reports the plans of governor Mike Leavitt to call a legislative session and discuss matters about the budget of Utah. Budget deficits faced by the state; Move of other legislators to resolve the problem; Contribution of income tax on the shortfall.
- Utah. // NEA Today;Mar96, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p8
No abstract available.
- MEDICAID CUTS ON LIFE SUPPORT. Serafini, Marilyn Werber // National Journal;3/26/2005, Vol. 37 Issue 13, p919
Comments on the proposed budget cuts for the Medicaid program in the U.S. Senate. Amount of Medicaid cuts approved by the U.S. House of Representatives on March 17, 2005; Efforts of Families USA to protect federal Medicaid funding; Actions taken by U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Mike...
- FDA to get $275M bonus from FY09 budget amendment. // Medical Device Daily;6/11/2008, Vol. 12 Issue 112, p3
The article reports that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is poised to get a budget increase in fiscal year 2009. Proposed fund increase is $404.7 million. Department of Health and Human Services Secretary Mike Leavitt says that his office is amending its budget request to include an...
- Medicaid panel chosen. Fong, Tony // Modern Healthcare;7/11/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 27, p4
Reports on the selection of voting members and nonvoting members of a Medicaid review panel that will tackle budget cuts for federal Medicaid by U.S. Department of Health and Human Services secretary Mike Leavitt. Reason behind the decision of Democratic congressional leaders to refuse...
- As House OKs budget, GOP reps. ask HHS to reject Medicaid cuts. // AHA News;5/29/2006, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p3
This article reports on the decison of the U.S. House to approve the fiscal year 2007 budget resolution that excludes specific cuts to Medicare and Medicaid. House Republican lawmakers urged Health and Human Services Mike Leavitt not to implement the budget request of U.S. President George W....