KANSAS: Keep It at Home
- Update. // Modern Healthcare;02/02/98, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p32
Reports several news briefs concerning the health care industry of United States. Effectivity of the hunger strike conducted by anaesthesiologist Amarjid Virk; Merger between New York University Medical Center and Mount Sinai Medical Center; Technical ruling for the question of Kansas Attorney...
- Kan. attorney general questions Blues deal. Moore Jr., J. Duncan // Modern Healthcare;03/03/97, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p49
Reports that Kansas Attorney General Carla Stovall has requested more information on the merger plans of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City, Missouri. Areas of the proposed merger that concern Stovall; Comments from Stovall.
- Former Kansas Finance agency chief hit with expense-report fraud charges. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;12/04/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30533, p4
Reports on the criminal charges filed by Kansas Attorney General Carla Stovall against Bill Caton, former head of the Kansas Development Finance Authority. Caton's maintenance of his innocence; Origins of Caton's criminal charges.
- Kansas Blues sue to clarify status. // AHA News;05/12/97, Vol. 33 Issue 18, p6
Reports on the lawsuit filed by the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City against Kansas Attorney General Carla Stovall which seeks to determine the company's status.
- Court oks state review of Blues. // AHA News;01/26/98, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p6
Focuses on the rule of a Kansas state judge that Attorney General Carla J. Stovall has the authority to question the corporate status of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas. Claims of Stovall on Kansas Blues plan; Information on the lawsuit filed by Blues concerning its corporate status; How...
- Medicaid plan focuses on HEDIS measures. // Hospital Home Health;Jul2009, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p78
The article discusses health care plans, with a focus on Health Plan of Michigan.
- Hope & despair. Gopal, Kevin // Pharmaceutical Executive;Nov97, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p32
Reports on the health problems being faced by North Korea. Natural disasters and economic problems; Suspension of many health projects; Loss of power supplies in immunization programs; Problem of malnutrition; Shortage of common drugs in the market.
- Radical training changes planned for health sector. Littlefield, David // People Management;05/04/95, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p7
Reports about the National Health Service putting the finishing touches to a plan that will revolutionize the way training is carried out in health service in the United Kingdom. Shift of responsibility for training from regional health authorities to local health employers; Consortia of...
- Health hypocrisy. Jason, Pini // African Business;Nov96, Issue 215, p26
Reports on the status of the health-care sector of Nigeria. Absence of link between policy-makers and the organized private sector; Productive capacity of the local drug manufacturing industry; Importation of fake and sub-standard drugs; Impact of the reversal of health targets by the Ministry...