ARKANSAS: In the Hole
- New sheriff appointee could build bridge to the future. Nelson, Beth // Free Press (Buda, TX);12/10/2008, Vol. 105 Issue 36, p3A
The article reports that Hays County Commissioners Court in Hays County, Texas will be pushed to appoint a new county sheriff due to the sudden death of Allen Bridges.
- AGENDA FOR EXCELLENCE. Milan, Gerald T. // American Jails;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p50
The article provides information on the screening process of corrections officers for the Sheriff's Office in Jacksonville, Florida. Sheriff John Rutherford took office as the Sheriff in July 2003 and he implemented a new screening program for selecting correction officers. It is called as...
- Capt. Lloyd Dupuy named to head JPSO DARE program at 60 schools. Lee, Harry // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/29/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 19, p55
Reports the appointment of Capt. Lloyd Dupuy as head of the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office Drug Abuse Resistance Education (DARE) in Louisiana. Experiences of Dupuy in teaching DARE anti-drug curriculum to children; Commitment of the head to its responsibilities; Views of Dupuy on the DARE...
- Commissioners decline to let sheriff hire litter-control deputy. DeWitt, David // Athens News;1/6/2014, p15
The article reports on the rejection of county commissions on the request from Athens County Sheriff Pat Kelly in Ohio to hire a part-time deputy for supervising highway litter-control efforts. Kelly says that a potential agreement between his office and the Ohio Department of Transportation can...
- New Sheriff in Town. Wilner, Frank N. // Traffic World;1/31/2000, Vol. 261 Issue 5, p17
Profiles the sheriff Frank Duggan, appointed member of the National Mediation Board. Career background of Duggan; Educational attainment of Duggan; Accounts on the political activity of Duggan.
- Capt. Mark Dupuis named to head JPSO 2nd District on West Bank. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);04/30/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 45, p42
Reports the selection of Mark Dupuis Sheriff by Harry Lee to head the 2nd District of the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office in Los Angeles, California. Recognition of Dupois on the contribution of his team members; Areas covered by the 2nd District; Importance of Traffic background experience...
- League Business. // Commercial Law Bulletin;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p36
Presents a biography of the elected officers of the Commercial Law League of America. Selection of Mark J. Sheriff as president of the league; Career background of William C. Sturm; Educational attainment of Gene R. Kaslow.
- LI'$ fact$. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/15/96, Vol. 43 Issue 16, p1
Reports that the deputy sheriffs in Suffolk County, New York are pressing the county to give them the option of retiring after 20 years on pensions which will cost taxpayers $1.2-million a year.
- How a sheriff's office sets internal standards, battles unfounded legal claims. Lee, Harry // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);7/22/96, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p39
Features the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office in New Orleans, Louisiana. High standards maintained by the office; Pursuit of criminals with energy and enthusiasm; Extensive training system of deputies; Manner of dealing with lawsuits filed against the department.