New York City to Raise Property Tax, Cut Spending to Close 2003 Deficit
- Texas County Weighs 21% Tax Hike to Help Pay Jail Debt. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;08/23/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30960, p28
Reports on the plan of Williamson County, Texas to increase property taxes. Amount of certificates of obligation issued by the county; Expansion of the county jail; Opposition to the tax increase; Percentage increase in county revenues if the tax increase is approved.
- OKLAHOMA: Ceiling or Floor? Victory, Darren // Bond Buyer;12/4/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31277, p29
Reports on the finalization of a proposal for a constitutional amendment to limit annual increases in property taxes by the state representative Russ Roach, Democrat of Tulsa, Oklahoma. Provisions made under the proposal; Percentage increase in the tax bills of the state counties every year.
- Appendix B. Tabulation of comparable responses. // Journal of Property Tax Assessment & Administration;2009, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p48
The article presents the lists of comparable responses of the tax assessment of U.S. and Canada in the 2009 issue of "Journal of Property Tax Assessment & Administration" are presented.
- Property value judgments. Livington, Abby // Crain's Small Business -- New York / Westchester;Sep96, Vol. 3 Issue 7, pW1
Reports that pending state legislation in New york could worsen tax burden for small property owners. Creation of three separate tax rates; Problems on the multiclass tax system.
- Chicago area's largest property tax bills. // Crain's Chicago Business;1996 Top Business Lists, Vol. 18 Issue 51, p145
Presents statistical information on the largest property tax bills in the Chicago area ranked by total tax billed.
- Time to overcome funding disparity for K-12 education. Lane, Marc J. // Crain's Chicago Business;3/14/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p16
The article presents the author's views on revamping property tax system of the U.S.
- Largest property taxpayers. Truong, Tommy T. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;01/05/98, Issue 322247, p14
Presents a ranking of property taxpayers in Fresno, Tulare and Kings Counties, California based on total property tax levied in 1996-97. Name of company; Gross assessed value; Net taxable value; Business description; Contact information.
- Largest property taxpayers. Truong, Tommy T. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;06/01/98 Supplement 98 Book of List, Issue 322310, p73
Lists the largest property taxpayers in the Central San Joaquin Valley in California as ranked by total property tax levied in 1996-1997. Includes Pacific Gas & Electric Co.; Southern California Edison Co.; Pacific Bell.
- A case for restructuring the Indiana property tax. Ryan, Earl M. // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/30/94, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p7A
Suggests the need for reform of Indiana's property tax system. Evaluation of Indiana's tax system; Nature of property taxes; Property tax assessment in Indiana.