Colorado District Signs Last-Minute Deal to Pay Teachers
- CAMPUS EQUITY YEAR. Nelson, Cary // Academe;Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 95 Issue 2, p112
The article explores the impact of the financial crisis on higher education in the U.S. State universities that rely on state revenue, as a percentage of their annual budget, are expected to face budget cuts because of a decline in state tax revenues. In response to a budget crisis, universities...
- Developmental Education Policy and Practice: Claiming Our Seat--and Voice--at the Table. Neuburger, Jane; Goosen, Rebecca; Barry, William J. // Journal of College Reading & Learning (College Reading & Learnin;Fall2013, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p72
The article discusses the role of teaching professionals in improving developmental education (DE) policy and practice in the U.S. It cites several factors that contribute to the challenges faced by the DE field, including economic drivers and an increasingly technological and competitive...
- The Merit Scale. Dillon, Naomi // American School Board Journal;Apr2008, Vol. 195 Issue 4, p28
The article discusses the terminology regarding teachers' salary reform which includes the phrases "merit pay," "differentiated pay," "cash incentives" and "pay for performance." According to the article, more school districts and states appear willing to adjust teacher pay for better student...
- Re-Assessing Faculty Development. Pendleton, Ernesta P. // Black Issues in Higher Education;11/7/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p37
Presents information on the Associated New American Colleges Faculty Work Project. Desire for ongoing faculty development; Importance of faculty satisfaction.
- LEGAL ISSUES IN TEACHER EVALUATION LEGISLATION: A STUDY OF STATE STATUTORY PROVISIONS. Veir, Carole A.; Dagley, David L. // Brigham Young University Education & Law Journal;2002, Issue 1, p1
Focuses on a study which examined the impact of state statutes on teacher evaluations in the U.S. Method; Results of statutory analysis; Conclusion.
- Making the grade as a teacher's aide. Wilson, Landice // Career World;Mar1996, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p12
Focuses on the role of teacher's aide in schools in the United States. Categories of aides; Problems with inexperienced aides; Criteria in selecting a teacher's aide.
- VAST MAJORITY OF EDUCATORS IN 17 STATES USE COMPUTERS FOR DAILY INSTRUCTION. // Curriculum Administrator;Mar2001, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p19
Presents information on the use of computers by teachers for classroom instruction in the United States. Names of states with a high percentage of teachers using computers daily.
- Teaching for democracy. Elshtain, Jean Bethke // Liberal Education;May/Jun92, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p34
Focuses on the role of the teacher as a practitioner of democracy in classroom settings. Use of the metaphor of drama to characterize college classroom practices; Remarks on ambitions of teachers; Idea of compromise.
- More women in education. // Techniques: Making Education & Career Connections;Jan97, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the increase in female teachers in the United States since 1985 according to `Profiles of Teachers in the U.S.,' by the National Center for Education Information.