Florida Water Plans $550M Uninsured Deal to Buy Utility
- Florida Water Deal Still on Hold; Judge Sees Final Ruling by Friday. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/3/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31584, p1
Reports on the dispute regarding the sale of Florida Water Services Corp. Grant of temporary injunction on the issue by a circuit judge in Tallahassee, Florida; Plans of Florida Water Services Authority to market $527.8 million of revenue bonds; Opinions about the decision of temporary injunction.
- Is the Florida Water Services Case a Muni Enron? Lissack, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/19/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31575, p6
Presents an opinion on formation of Florida Water Service Inc. by Allete Inc. to earn undue profits. Number of utility customers exploited by Florida Water Service Inc.; Charges against Florida Water Services; Alternative proposal to resolve the issue of Florida Water Services.
- Florida Water Saga Nears End With Series of Local Bond Sales. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/9/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31737, p1
Reports on the end of water saga in the series of local bond sales in Florida. Inclusion of Florida assets; Acquisition of the community on Florida Water Services Inc.; Price of the utility systems revenue in Palm Coast. INSET: The Deals Are in the Details.
- Florida Agency to Issue New Offer for 158 Utilities Around State. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/28/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31459, p3
Reports the revision of the price for the water and wastewater assets of Florida Water Service Corp. by the Florida Governmental Utility Authority. Details on the counteroffer for the purchase of Florida water; Controversy on the utility price negotiated by the agency; Indication on the...
- FLORIDA: Water Suit. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/24/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31498, p31
Reports on a suit filed by officials of Hernando County, Florida to stop the sale of Florida Water Services Corp.'s water and sewer plants to the Florida Water Services Authority (FWSA). Grounds for the claims; Reasons for wanting to stop the sale; Plan of FWSA to issue revenue bonds by the end...
- Florida Water Services Corp. Suit Alleges Citrus County Hindering Asset Sale. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/25/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31520, p4
Reports on filing of lawsuit in federal court by Florida Water Services Corp. against Florida county. Objective of the lawsuit; Consideration of federal lawsuit using antitrust laws.
- Water utility uses HDD, piercing tools to address rehab problems. // Underground Construction;Oct98, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p42
Focuses on Florida Water Services' use of HDD and piercing tools to address rehabilitation problems. Emphasis placed by Florida Water Services on customer service and efficiency; Use of trenchless technology.
- Foes of Florida Water Services Deal Gather. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31546, p40
Reports that officials from cities and counties with waste and water systems owned by the Florida Water Services Corp. will meet in Orlando, Florida, on January 6, 2003, to discuss their opposition to the month's planned sale of $550 million of revenue bonds. Use of bond proceeds for financing...
- Florida PSC Claims Jurisdiction in Utility Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/5/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31567, p1
Reports on the order given by Florida Public Service Commission to Florida Water Services Corp. for not selling its water and sewer systems until an application transferring the utility systems is submitted by the deadline. Plans of Florida Water Services Authority to issue revenue bonds for...