Disclosure Reform Coming
- Muni Provisions in Regulatory Reform Legislation Passed by the Senate and House. // Bond Buyer;5/25/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33322, p4
The article presents various municipal provisions passed by the Senate and House in regulatory reform legislation in the U.S. Provisions include one on municipal financial advisers, in which only broker-dealer and financial advisers in banks are subjected to regulation. Another is on the...
- RÃ‰GIMEN JURÃDICO DE LA SOCIEDAD MERCANTIL MUNICIPAL. LA CERTIFICACIÃ“N DEL SECRETARIO MUNICIPAL Y EL ARTÃCULO 111 DEL REGLAMENTO DEL REGISTRO MERCANTIL. DE PAZ, JUAN GÓMEZ-RIESCO TABERNERO // Cuadernos de Derecho y Comercio;2012, Issue 58, p371
The article focuses on commercial law in Spain, with a focus on commentary pertaining to the resolution on May 12th, 2012 by the Spanish Directorate General for Registers and Notaries. The author discusses law reform on issues including the legal status of municipal corporations, the...
- PRO: The Question Of The New Federal Program. // Congressional Digest;Feb67, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p58
Focuses on the proposed 'demonstration cities' bill in the U.S. America's urban problem; Physical problems of slums and blight; Economic aspects of the bill.
- Senate approves Larkin Palisades bill. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;07/07/97, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p33
Reports that the New York State Senate has approved a bill which would add six towns in Orange County to the list of municipalities which may levy a property tax against the state for the Palisades Parklands.
- Largest public companies. Falacienski, Laura // Crain's Cleveland Business;05/26/97, Vol. 18 Issue 21, pS-18
Presents statistical information on the largest public companies in Cleveland, Ohio. Statistics on market value; Value of net income.
- Washington Front. PARSONS, WILFRID // America;4/2/1949, Vol. 80 Issue 26, p705
The author focuses on political issues surrounding in Washington D.C. as of April 1949 with emphasis on the role of the U.S. Congress in the development of legal codes across the cities.
- Municipal reform vs. central government. Montano, Agnes J. // Caribbean Business;4/7/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p1
Evaluates the impact of Puerto Rico's Municipal Reform Law of 1991 to its municipalities and to its economic development. Aims of the law; Failure of the law to consider the lack of preparedness of many municipalities to handle increased fiscal powers; Efforts for municipal autonomy as barriers...
- `Seventy-eight new republics'. // Caribbean Business;4/7/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p56
Comments on Puerto Rico's Municipal Reform Law of 1991. Reasons for the slow implementation of the law; Expertise needed to implement municipal reform; Background of the law.
- Abinante blasts IDA's local development corporation plan. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;8/21/95, Vol. 34 Issue 34, p5
Reports on Westchester County, New York's Industrial Development Agency's formation of a local development corporation. Comments from IDA Chairman Louis H. Heithaus; Corporation's operations modicum; Comment from Lawrence E. Dwyer Jr., president of The Westchester County Association; Opposition...