Florida School District Tackles Growth Woes With Record Deal
- Florida School Districts Offer $200 Million of Insured COPs. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;04/15/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30620, p36
Focuses on two Florida-based school districts' plan to issue certificates of participation (COP) to fund school needs. Advantages of COP over bonds; Orange County School Board's construction of three elementary schools and one middle school; School Board of Osceola County's plan to build an...
- COPs, bonds will fund Broward County, Fla., school district improvements. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;06/10/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30411, p3
Reports on the Broward County, Florida School District's approval of a five-year building plan that includes certificates of participation and state-issued debt. Plan to sell COPs and bonds in various allotments by the district and the state; Schedule of issuance.
- `Unique' Niagara Falls, N.Y., school COP deal could make a splash as a model. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;07/20/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30438, p28
Focuses on New York-based Niagara Falls School District's issuance of certificates of participation. Plan to use the proceeds for a high school construction; Partnership between the district and Honeywell Corp.; Redemption provisions.
- Hernando County, Fla., Schools Pricing $100M in COPs. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/10/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32295, p5
The article focuses on the issue of certificates of participation (COPs) by school districts of Florida. Florida's Hernando County School District will issue COPs worth $100 million. Proceeds from these COPs will be used to build two new schools, and add new classrooms at several schools....
- Minneapolis school district hits market with $36.4 million COPs issue. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/13/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30309, p36
Focuses on the Minneapolis School District No. 1's offering of certificates of participation (COP) issuances to fund schools and additions and address maintenance needs in the district. Total worth of bonds to be offered by the district; Total worth of outstanding COP handled by the district;...
- IRS: L.A. Schools' COP Deal May Be Taxable. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/9/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31239, p4
Reports that multi-million dollar in certificates of participation (COP) sold by the Los Angeles Unified School District for Belmont Learning Complex may be taxable. Role of the Internal Revenue Service in passing COP; Usage of proceeds from taxes of learning complex in building schools.
- High-Tech School COPs. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;09/12/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30973, p1
Reports that the Los Angeles Unified School District in California, plans to sell $172 million of certificates of participation on September 12, 2000. Uses for the proceeds from the sale; Senior manager for the negotiated deal; Formation of a financing corporation by the district.
- Florida School District Prices $239.2 Million COP Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;05/18/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31142, p3
Reports that the Broward County, Florida, School District priced $239.2 million in certificates of participation (COP) in the first of two large issuances in a week from the same South Florida county. Lead manager of the negotiated deal; Plan to use proceeds from the COP to build three high...
- FGIC to back its first Florida school COP deal. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;02/02/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30820, p3
Reports on the sale of certificates of participation by Florida's Palm Beach School District in Palm Beach County in February 2000. Companies involved in the certificates issue; Ratings given by Fitch IBCA Inc. and Standard & Poor's for the issues; Value of state aid for building; Outlook for...