NEWS IN BRIEF
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;9/19/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31723, p2
Reports developments related to public finance in the U.S. as of September 2003. Decline in the applications for state unemployment benefits; Composite index of leading economic indicators; Expansion of the manufacturing activity in the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Week's Firmer Tone Turns Around a Bit. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/19/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 24, p12
The article offers information on the weak municipal bond market in the U.S. It is stated that the treasury market showed losses the previous day and the triple-A municipal bond rating scale was at 90.6% of comparable treasuries in 10 years. Continuing jobless claims were reported at 6.687...
- Professional Forecasters Cut Growth Estimates. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;5/18/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33116, p2
The article reports on the outlook of 51 professional forecasters on the economic condition of the U.S. in 2010. According to the latest survey of the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, professional forecasters have lowered their forecasts, as measured by real gross domestic product (GDP)....
- Forecasters downshift 2006 economic growth outlook. // Mortgage Banking;Jan2006, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p11
The article focuses on the expectations for a quicker economic growth during the first quarter of 2006 before the gross domestic product (GDP) downshifts to a more moderate pace according to a survey conducted by the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia in the U.S. Forecasters are expecting the...
- Philadelphia Fed Index Surges to 40.8 in Nov. from 20.7 in Oct. Siegel, Gary // Bond Buyer;11/21/2014, Issue F345, p1
The region's manufacturing sector expanded at a faster pace in November, as the general business conditions index soared to its highest reading since December 1993, 40.8 from 20.7 in October, this month's Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia Report on Business indicates.
- News In Brief: Forecasters Survey Predicts Rough Times. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;11/21/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31270, p2
Focuses on a survey conducted by the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia in Pennsylvania on the opinion of forecasters regarding the U.S. economic conditions in 2002. Professional forecasters who were surveyed; Economic condition that forecasters see as rising in the third quarter; Effect of...
- News In Brief: Philadelphia Fed Index Up in Feb. O'Connor, Jeanine // Bond Buyer;2/22/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31330, p2
Cites a business outlook survey by Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia. Increase in diffusion index of current activity index during February 2002; Increase in new orders index; Value of current inventory index.
- Phil. Fed Aug. Index Plunges. // Bond Buyer;8/17/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31205, p2
Reports on the decline in general activity index in the United States during July 2001, according to a report by the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- National economic summary. // Fedgazette;Jul93, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p20
Presents a national summary of the economic conditions of districts under the twelve Federal Reserve banks of the United States as of June 15, 1993, prepared by the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia. Improving manufacturing business; Good livestock conditions; Increase in retail sales for...