- Clean water for Belo Horizonte. // UNESCO Courier;Apr93, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p29
Reports that Brazil is launching a water pollution control plan in the state of Minas Gerais with the help of a $145-million loan from the World Bank. What the loan will cover; Metropolitan Belo Horizonte plagued by uncontrolled industrialization and inadequate urban and sanitation infrastructures.
- Efficient laboratory uses 36 percent less energy. Nelson, Kessel L. // Energy User News;Nov97, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p1
Reports on the use of an energy-minded building system by the City of Portland's Water Pollution Control Laboratory. Functions of the system; Identification of the laboratory owners; Estimated cost of the construction of the laboratory.
- United research and education. Vandendorpe, Laura // R&D Magazine;May98, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p31
Focuses on BES Water Pollution Control Laboratory of Portland, Oregon, which received special mention at the Laboratory of the Year Award for 1998, in the United States. Information on the processes conducted at the laboratory; Comments from Richard Passanisi, marketing manager for...
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. Sigo, Shelly; Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;12/19/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31536, p29
Presents news briefs related to finance in various states of U.S. as of December 19, 2002. Sale of new-money and refunding bonds by the Alabama Water Pollution Control Authority; Issues concerning Everglades Restoration Plan in Florida; Downgrade in the ratings of deals backed by Bayerische...
- Reclaimed water requires homework first. // American City & County;Oct95, Vol. 110 Issue 11, p34
Suggests a close evaluation of a municipality's needs and goals before setting up a reclaimed water system. Defining potential customers; Goals of the water reclamation program; Agreements and ordinances to control the use and costs of the system; Design of the system; Rate structures;...
- Water pricing and abatement of industrial water pollution: study of distilleries in India. Goldar, Bishwanath; Pandey, Rita // Environmental Economics & Policy Studies;2001, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p95
Analyzes the issue of appropriate pricing of water for effectively controlling water pollution by distilleries in India. Practice of diluting effluent streams by clean groundwater; Use of nonlinear programming model; Pollution tax.
- CALENDAR. // Pollution Engineering;Feb2005, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p46
Highlights the ESS Expo.05 Business Conference and Workshop for Essential Suite and Compliance Suite Users in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Managing Contaminated Sediment. Zarull, Michael A. // Water Quality Research Journal of Canada;2001, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p347
Discusses the management of contaminated sediment found in freshwater and marine systems. Source of ecological damage. Economic costs associated with the presence of contaminated sediments; Options for contaminated sediment management.
- German companies prepare for WatermexAsia99. // Water & Environment International;Nov99, Vol. 8 Issue 63, p10
Reports on the preparation of German companies for the WatermexAsia 1999, a trade show on technologies to ensure industries are meeting environmental obligations with regards to water. Venue; Dates covered; Participating companies; Role of the European companies at the show; Expected attendance...