Lower Manhattan Agency Presents Latest Rebuilding Visions
- WTC still lacks center to command security. Benson, Barbara // Crain's New York Business;2/28/94, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the need for a control center that will oversee the World Trade Center's (WTC) security system. Upgrading of trade center's security measures after its bombing on February 26, 1993; Reluctance of the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey to act on recommendations by the WTC; Bids...
- Tower collapse theory challenged. Graham-Rowe, Duncan // New Scientist;2/8/2003, Vol. 177 Issue 2381, p14
The US National Institute of Standards and Technology will be testing a theory about the collapse of the World Trade Center towers. According to an analysis by a leading fire-safety expert, if the fire-proofing insulation on the towers' steel structures would have been thicker, the towers would...
- Should replacement WTC buildings be world's tallest? // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);1/17/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p3B
Reports on the designs being considered by the Lower Manhattan Development Corp. and Port Authority of New York and New Jersey to replace New York City's World Trade Center towers. Features of the proposed designs; Factors being considered by authorities and architects in choosing the proper...
- A Win for Westfield? Sokol, David // Shopping Center World;Jan2003, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p13
Reports that the Lower Manhattan Development Corp. has announced the seven proposals for redesigning the World Trade Center (WTC) site in Manhattan, New York. Conflict of a proposal to replace the retail space lost with plans to reattach the WTC site to the lower Manhattan street grid;...
- LOWER MANHATTAN DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION. Sullivan, Jenny // Brochures: Making a Strong Impression;2007, p072
The article describes a brochure for the Lower Manhattan Development Corp.
- 9/11 Memorial Projects Unveiled. // Art in America;Dec2003, Vol. 91 Issue 12, p128
Reports on the unveiling by the Lower Manhattan Development Corp. of projects by eight finalists for a World Trade Center memorial on November 17, 2003.
- Lower Manhattan Development Head to Step Down. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;1/21/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31556, p4
Reports on the resignation of Louis Tomson, president of the U.S.-based company, Lower Manhattan Development Corp. Career history of Tomson; Corporate achievements of Tomson.
- Taxpayer dollars are not at work. Menin, Julie // Crain's New York Business;6/14/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 24, p12
In this article, the author presents his views regarding the under-utilization of funds allocated to Lower Manhattan Development Corp. by the U.S. Congress for rebuilding efforts.
- WTC plans memorial contest. // Building Design;11/29/2002, Issue 1558, p1
Reports the move of Lower Manhattan Development Corporation to launch a competition to design a monument to the victims of the U.S. September 11 terrorist attacks.
- Plan for WTC Site Selected. // Buildings;Apr2003, Vol. 97 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the selection of the building design of architect Daniel Libeskind for the World Trade Canter site by the Lower Manhattan Development Corp., as of April 2003. Description of the design; Comments on the design; Information on other proposed design from the THINK team.