THE TRADING FLOOR
- Finance Chief Ferreri Quits MBIA; Prudential SVP Tapped as Successor. Meyers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;6/1/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32393, p7
The article reports that Nicholas Ferreri, chief financial officer of municipal bond insurer MBIA Inc., is leaving the company for personal reasons in New York. He will be succeeded by C. Edward Chaplin, senior vice president and treasurer of Prudential Financial Inc. and a member of the MBIA...
- MBIA's Fourth-Quarter Income Down, Production Up on Heels of Settlement. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/31/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32558, p30
The article reports on the financial performance of MBIA Inc. in the U.S. for the fourth quarter of 2006. The company registered a net income of $819.3 million in 2006, up about 15% from 2005. However, its earnings for the period totaled to $181 million, down by 1% from $182.7 million in 2005....
- Kudos. // Executive Report;Jul95, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p6
Reports on the presentation of the 1995 Louis J. Goffman Award for outstanding pro bono work to law firm Kirkpatrick & Lockhart.
- MBIA Says it Has Cash Needed to Satisfy GIC Requirements. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;7/1/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32910, p4
The article reports on the sufficient financial resources of MBIA Inc. needed to satisfy additional requirements under its guaranteed investment contracts prompted by the downgrade of MBIA Insurance Corp. in the U.S. With more than $4 billion in assets sold during the second quarter of 2008,...
- A top D.C. legal team jumps to bigger firm. Hornblass, Jonathan S. // American Banker;7/18/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 136, p7
Reports on the departure of the mortgage and consumer finance team at Washington-based Brownstein Zeidman & Lore to join Kirkpatrick & Lockhart. Appointment as partners of Kirkpatrick; Comments by Brownstein managing partner David J. Butler about the exodus of the legal team.
- Legal departments follow economy's lead. King, Jennifer E. // Corporate Legal Times;Aug98, Vol. 8 Issue 81, p1
Presents information on the result of the 1998 Corporate Legal Times-Kirkpatrick & Lockhart 200 Largest Legal Departments Survey. Number of in-house counsel employed by companies; Ranking of the segments of the list; Result of the survey on merger of the companies.
- City Core. // Estates Gazette;1/26/2008, Issue 803, Special Section p9
The article looks at the performance of the British real estate market in 2007. Take up levels are down for all grades, and most noticeably for new or refurbished space which has seen a 71% fall on last quarter. The most significant deal to take place in this market this quarter was the letting...
- Toxic tort today, coverage fight tomorrow. Wojcik, Joanne // Business Insurance;2/26/96, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p21
Predicts the impact of a new aspect of toxic tort litigation in Corporate America. Remark by Matthew Jacobs, Kirkpatrick & Lockhart; Reference to claims for stress injuries; Names of company's which product liability suits were filed against.
- Attorneys suing for nonpayment court countersuits. Lenckus, Dave; Fletcher, Meg // Business Insurance;11/1/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 44, p24
This article reports that lawyers advised on steps to reduce risk of E&O claims. While clients' malpractice allegations vary and opinions differ on the extent of the problem, lawyers and insurance industry representatives agree that there are steps lawyers can take to reduce the risk of being...