ABA Wants IRS to Amend Change-in-Use Calculation
- Lawyers panel offers comments to IRS on handling bond audit appeals. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;10/14/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30499, p6
Focuses on the campaign to support bond auditing policies of the US Internal Revenue Service initiated by members of the American Bar Association's Tax Section committee on tax exempt financing. Changes in the audit process needed according to the committee; Recommendations of the group.
- IRS Charts Plan of Attack. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;12/26/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31291, p1
Reports on the plans of the U.S. Internal Revenus Service's (IRS) tax-exempt bond enforcement team to audit projects of individuals and firms in the country. Details of the plans; Problems tackled by the IRS bond enforcement team; Constituent members of the enforcement team.
- New IRS Audit Proposal Could get to the Facts, Quickly. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;5/10/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31384, p5
Reports the audit proposal of the Internal Revenue Service in the U.S. Enhancement of dispute resolution on bond examinations; Interpretation of tax code; Resolution of taxation matters.
- Audit Study Results In. Hume, Lynn; Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;8/20/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31453, p1
Reports market impacts of Internal Revenue Service audits on disclosed variable-rate bonds in the U.S. Reduction on demand for bonds due to higher prices faced by issuers; Effects of audits on long-term municipal bonds; Relation of variable-rate market to taxable rates.
- IRS Request Leads to Audits of Gulf Breeze, Fla., Deals. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/17/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31493, p4
Focuses on the request of the Internal Revenue Service to audit the city of Gulf Breeze deals in Florida. Selling of capital funding revenue bonds; Examination of the suspected tax law violations; Clarification of the state law.
- IRS eases up on pension errors. Geisel, Jerry // Business Insurance;03/16/98, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p1
Reports on the Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) release of a set of rules, Revenue Procedure 98-22, designed to make it easier for employers to correct mistakes uncovered in pension plans. When the rules were released; Modification and consolidation of programs as the Employee Plans Compliance...
- IRS audits: Should you bring a pro? Block, Julian // Central New Jersey Business;7/12/95, Vol. 8 Issue 15, p19
Discusses the necessity of seeking a professional's services for auditing tax deductions under the US Internal Service Revenue's (IRS) Form 1040. Involvement of expense substantiation; Provisions in the law requiring delay requests; Consideration of issues involved in interpreting the Internal...
- Dateline Washington. Coorsh, Richard // Consumers' Research Magazine;Sep95, Vol. 78 Issue 9, p6
Reports on a US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) tax audit to be conducted in the fall of 1995. Criticisms on the documentation requirements and on expenses incurred for IRS compliance audits.
- `IRS Agent Jones is on line one...' Fraser, Jill Andresky // Inc.;Apr97, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p97
Offers tips on preparing for a personal tax audit. Views of tax experts whose accounting practices specialize in serving entrepreneurs; The biggest personal audit risk business owners face and ways to minimize them; How long to keep records.