Lola Falana: `I'm back! I'm not cured. But I'm healed!
- First since illness: Lola performs on stage with Wayne Newton. // Jet;6/26/89, Vol. 76 Issue 12, p55
Describes the first performance by black singer/dancer Lola Falana, who has suffered from multiple sclerosis for almost two years. She sang at the Las Vegas Hilton, in a surprise appearance, with singer Wayne Newton.
- Lola Falana: Sexy star tells why she is giving up show biz to become a nun. // Jet;3/19/90, Vol. 77 Issue 23, p56
Reports on singer, dancer and actress Lola Falana's plans to give up her career and become a nun. Discusses her commitment to God; Career development; Move back to God; Lack of fulfillment; Personal relationships; Preparation to become a nun.
- Singing praise. // People;12/08/97, Vol. 48 Issue 23, p115
Profiles Lola Falana and her new found religious faith. Her life as a singer and dancer in the 1970s; Diagnosis of multiple sclerosis; Circumstances of her spiritual rebirth; Comments from Falana.
- Lola's back! Turner, R.D. // Ebony;Jan1990, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p82
Profiles Las Vegas entertainer Lola Falana, 47, who discusses her comeback from a bout with multiple sclerosis (MS), a disease which attacks the central nervous system. Falana is currently in remission. How she faced the gloomy prognosis; Role of her religious faith in her recovery.
- Celebs pay tribute to Lola Falana at recent Filmmakers Hall gala. // Jet;3/20/89, Vol. 75 Issue 24, p24
Discusses the 16th Annual Black Filmmakers Hall of Fame Awards ceremony; Award to dancer Lola Falana, who has multiple sclerosis; History of Hall of Fame.
- Lola Falana Raises Funds For African Orphans; No Plans For A Showbiz Comeback. // Jet;10/7/2002, Vol. 102 Issue 16, p60
Focuses on former entertainer Lola Falana, who is helping to raise funds for African orphans whose parents have died in the AIDS epidemic.
- vintage Entertainment: Oh Lola! // Chicago Weekend;9/12/2012, Vol. 42 Issue 36, p8
The article profiles American singer, actress and dancer Lola Falana indicating that she was discovered by American entertainer Sammy Davis Jr., and that she was considered the Queen of Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Oh Lola! // Chicago Citizen - Chatham Southeast Edition;9/12/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 25, p10
The article focuses on entertainer Lola Falana who spent most of the childhood in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and discovered by Sammy Davis Jr. who gave her a featured role in 1964 Broadway musical "Golden Boy."
- LOLA FALANA: THE WORLD IS HER OYSTER. // Ebony;Jul1967, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p114
The article offers information on Cuban born African American singer Lola Falana. It presents information on her popularity in Italy. The article further reports on her aspiration to become a full-fledged star in the U.S. within the next five years. Lola thinks that nothing could be more helpful...