EU tables ETS offset limits
- EU ETS freeze proposed for foreign flights. // ENDS (Environmental Data Services);Nov2012, Issue 454, p39
The article reports that the European Commission (EC) is proposing exemption of foreign flights to and from Europe from compliance to the European Union emissions trading system (EU ETS). The proposal is said to be just until autumn 2013 when the United Nations (UN) reach a global carbon...
- EUA Rollercoaster. Watson, Frank // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/1/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 35, p20
The article reports that the price of European Union (EU) carbon dioxide allowances declined in September 2012 in the EU emissions trading market. The decline is attributed to concern among investors that enough EU countries are opposed to a proposal by the European Commission to delay carbon...
- EUA Market Fix Nears. Watson, Frank // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/3/2014, Vol. 176 Issue 4, p22
The article reports on a four-month high in the price of carbon dioxide allowances (EUAs) in the European Union (EU) Emissions Trading System (ETS) in January 2014 as a European Commission (EC) proposal of reforms to the system is worked out.
- EU member states sign off on short-term carbon fix. // Bridges Trade BioRes;Feb2014, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p25
The article reports on the approval of the European Union (EU) member states regarding a plan that would withhold more than 400 million carbon allowances from the Emissions Trading System (ETS) in 2014.
- ... but CO2 price hits new low. // Modern Power Systems;Feb2013, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p5
The article reports on the drop of carbon price, being traded as European Union (EU) allowances (EUAs) in the emissions trading scheme (ETS) of EU, to less than â‚¬5 per tone as of January 21, 2013 due to the low emission allowances demand.
- Dubious carbon credits imperil ETS integrity. // ENDS (Environmental Data Services);Oct2015, Issue 488, p25
The article presents an analysis of international carbon off-setting schemes which involves industrialised countries' cooperation has shown widespread abuse, with implications for the integrity of carbon market mechanisms and the European Union emissions trading system (EU ETS) in 2015.
- A Study of the Determinants of Emissions Unit Allowance Price in the European Union Emissions Trading Scheme. Maydybura, Alina; Andrew, Brian // Australasian Accounting Business & Finance Journal;Dec2011, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p123
In 2005 the European Union (EU) began the first phase of the largest and most ambitious emissions trading system (EU ETS) ever attempted, which then applied to all members of the EU. In its second phase which began in 2008 the EU ETS now applies to all 27 members of the EU together with Norway,...
- Advisory group fears effects of EU ETS. // Air Cargo World;Feb2012, Vol. 102 Issue 1, p9
The article reports on the Global Air Cargo Advisory Group's (GACAG) concerns regarding EU Emissions Trading Scheme (ETS), which tracks the emissions of carriers flying into European airspace. It is noted that GACAG fear that unnecessary burdens will be placed on the airfreight industry through...
- Chinese carriers to receive a broad range of emissions credits from EU, but will still likely pay additional fees. // Air Cargo World;Feb2012, Vol. 102 Issue 1, p16
The article reports that airlines will be forced to buy 8364364 million pound worth of emission credits in the first full year of the EU's emissions trading scheme. It is noted that EU will only supply 77 percent of the estimated total needed to offset carbon emitted during flights to Europe in...