Sources of academic self-efficacy scale: An assessment
- Application of self-efficacy theory: A treatment approach... Stidwill, Howard F. // Journal of Mental Health Counseling;Apr94, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p196
No abstract available.
- Howling at the Moon. // New Moon;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p53
Presents several opinions about moments of girl empowerment.
- Howling at the Moon. // New Moon;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p43
Shares the moments of empowerment and several good things in girls' lives.
- Pumping up your attitude. Shapiro, David E. // Psychology Today;May/Jun97, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p14
Provides information on how to stick in an exercise routine. How self-efficacy helps in adhering exercise regimen; One way to enhance self-efficacy; Common self-defeating mindset.
- Relationship between self-efficacy, exercise intensity, and feeling states in a sedentary ... Treasure, Darren C.; Newbery, David M. // Journal of Sport & Exercise Psychology;Mar1998, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p1
Presents a study on the relationship between self-efficacy, exercise intensity, and feeling states in a sedentary population during and after an acute session of exercise. Research methods employed in this study; What is suggested by social congnitive theory; Results of this research.
- Cognitive mechanisms in claustrophobia: An examination of Reiss and McNally's expectancy model and Bandura's self-efficacy theory. Valentiner, David P.; Telch, Michael J. // Cognitive Therapy & Research;Dec96, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p593
Report on two studies that examined predictions derived from Reiss and McNally's expectancy model of fear behavior and Bandura's self-efficacy theory. Anxiety sensitivity; Behavioral Approach Test; Danger and anxiety components; Phobic behavior due to expectancy of harm and danger; Heart-rate...
- Self-Efficacy Effects on Feeling States in Women. Jerome, Gerald J.; Marquez, David X.; McAuley, Edward; Canaklisova, Steriani; Snook, Erin; Vickers, Melissa // International Journal of Behavioral Medicine;Jun2002, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p139
In this study, exercise self-efficacy was manipulated in a laboratory setting and its effects on feeling state responses were examined. A sample consisting largely of Non-Latina White and Latina women (N = 59) were randomly assigned to a low- or high-efficacy condition, and efficacy was...
- Instruction tips. // Golf Digest;Apr2001, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p21
Provides tips for playing golf in the United States. Need to lower one's expectation; Ways to execute a proper golf swing; Basics of the game.
- CAN I DO IT? // Phi Delta Kappan;Mar2010, Vol. 91 Issue 6, p7
An excerpt is presented from the article "Sources of Self-Efficacy: Four Professionals Development Formats and Their Relationship to Self-Efficacy and Implementation of a New Teaching Strategy," by Megan Tschannen-Moran and Peggy McMaster.