Physiotherapy, aerobics, and training devices reduced pain intensity and frequency in chronic low-back pain
- PROPHYLACTIC PHYSIOTHERAPY ELEMENTS APPLIED DURING THE PHYSICAL EDUCATION LESSONS OF NON-PHYSICAL EDUCATION STUDENTS. Dănuț Nicu, Mârza-Dănilă // Sport & Society / Sport si Societate;Dec2013, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p232
This study aimed to improve the physical fitness of the non-physical education students by using prophylactic physiotherapy elements. The study tried to confirm the following hypothesis: If prophylactic physiotherapy is applied correctly to the non-physical education students, according to their...
- Validity against health-related fitness and reliability of physical activity questionnaire in young female and male adults. Nikolaidis, Pantelis Theodoros; Säcklova, Martina // Journal of Physical Education & Sport;2011, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p342
Purpose: As the beneficial role of physical activity (PA) for health and well-being has been recognized recently, the need for valid and reliable assessment methods of PA has been evolved, too. Aim of this study was to examine the validity and reliability of a PA questionnaire in active young...
- The use of aerobic exercise training in improving aerobic capacity in individuals with stroke: a meta-analysis. Pang, Marco Y. C.; Eng, Janice J.; Dawson, Andrew S.; Gylfadóttir, Sif // Clinical Rehabilitation;Feb2006, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p97
Objective: To determine whether aerobic exercise improves aerobic capacity in individuals with stroke. Design: A systematic review of randomized controlled trials. Databases searched: MEDLINE, CINAHL, EMBASE, Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews and Physiotherapy Evidence Database were...
- A Spin On Improvement. Howe, D. K. // American Fitness;Sep/Oct2007, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p23
The article offers information on the SpinningÂ® program, 12-week community-based aerobic exercise program for people with mild to moderate knee osteoarthritis (OA). According to a study presented at the World Conference for Physical Therapy in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in 2007, one in two of...
- Timeless Advice about Healthy Living: These old sayings about how to stay healthy have a lot of wisdom behind them. // PT: Magazine of Physical Therapy;2002 Supplement, p7
The article presents advice for staying healthy. According to physical therapist Steve Tepper, not enough people in the U.S. get enough aerobic exercise, which can decrease the risk of cancer, heart disease, and diabetes. It cites the importance of good posture to align the bones and prevent...
- Abstracts of recent literature. Edelstein, Joan; Schein, Jerome D. // Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development;Apr96, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p198
Presents an abstract of the article, titled `Aerobic Walking in Slowly Progressive Neuromuscular Disease: Effects of a 12-week Program,' by N.C. Wright D.D. Kilmer, et al. published in the 1996 issue of `Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation'.
- TRAINING TIPS. Ferrari, Marisa B. // American Fitness;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p48
Offers tips on picking up the right music for an aerobic class. How to search for aerobic music over the Internet; Pitfall of purchasing music tapes or discs in the Internet; Key considerations in selecting music for an aerobic class.
- Aerobic fitness and school children. Hinkle, J. Scott // Elementary School Guidance & Counseling;Dec92, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p140
Provides school counselors with information regarding aerobic exercise, and the psychological, behavioral, and physical benefits children obtain by participating in fitness programs. Aerobic running; Running research and children; Collaboration between school counselors and physical education...
- Trimming Waist, Hips and Thighs. Byrd, Jennifer Sargent // American Fitness;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p40
Deals with physical training program for women with lower body problems in the United States. Aerobic training; Proper form when running; Benefits of running.