Review: Antidepressants improve headache in patients with chronic headache
- News in brief... // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;1/17/2004, Issue 444, p4
Discusses research being done on the use of antidepressants by migraine patients. Reference to a study by H. Rahimtoola et al, published in the November 2003 issue of the journal "International Clinical Psychopharmacology"; Comparison between the use of antidepressants by migraine patients and...
- A Behavioral Treatment of Young Migrainous and Nonmigrainous Headache Patients: Prediction of Treatment Success. Osterhaus, Susanne O.L.; Lange, Alfred; Linssen, Wim H.J.P.; Passchier, Jan // International Journal of Behavioral Medicine;1997, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p378
We evaluated the outcome of a behavioral treatment package in a clinical setting with a group of young (age: 12-22) headache patients, suffering from migrainous or nonmigrainous. Comparison between the experimental (n = 24) and the waiting-list control group (n = 15) showed a treatment effect on...
- Khat/tranylcypromine. // Reactions Weekly;Feb2014, Vol. 1488 Issue 1, p25
The article presents a case study of a 26-year old man with sudden-onset episodic throbbing headache and photophobia who developed reversible cerebral vasoconstriction syndrome (RCVS) while on khat and tranylcypromine treatment.
- Chronic Migraines Have an Enormous Impact on Family Members. // Chain Drug Review;5/18/2015, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p68
The article focuses on the effects of chronic migraine, its symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, and visual disturbances, and its effects to the family of migraine's patients.
- Which Acute Headaches Do Not Require Investigation? Wike, Allan J. // Internal Medicine Alert;12/15/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 23, p177
Easily obtained clinical variables can identify patients at very low risk for subarachnoid hemorrhage
- O041. GRIA3 (glutamate receptor, ionotropic, ampa 3) gene polymorphism influences cortical response to somatosensory stimulation in medication-overuse headache (MOH) patients. Pierelli, Francesco; Di Lorenzo, Cherubino; Coppola, Gianluca; Grieco, Gaetano; Santorelli, Filippo; Pascale, Esterina // Journal of Headache & Pain;2015 Supplement, Vol. 16, p1
The article presents abstract of an article on how gene polymorphism of GRIA3 (glutamate receptor, ionotropic, ampa 3) influence central sensitization in medication-overuse headache (MOH) patients, presented at the first Joint ANIRCEF-SISC Congress held on October 29-31, 2015 in Rome, Italy.
- News and Viewpoints. // Chronic Illness;Mar2005, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p9
The article discusses on the survey that determine the prevalence of migraine in the general population in Great Britain, France, Germany, Italy, and the U.S. It emphasizes that more than five hundred million people worldwide have suffered with migraine. It points out that almost majority of...
- Pain. Bain, Peter; Blass, John; Wade, John // Current Medical Literature: Neurology;2006, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p86
The article highlights the results of the study about the effect of a 2-month drug-free period on probable medication-overuse headache. Two-thirds of patients with migraine had a significant reduction in the number of attacks after the withdrawal of triptans, analgesics and simple analgesics....
- Associations between headache and stress, alcohol drinking, exercise, sleep, and comorbid health conditions in a Japanese population. Yokoyama, Masako; Yokoyama, Tetsuji; Funazu, Kazuo; Yamashita, Takeshi; Kondo, Shuji; Hosoai, Hiroshi; Yokoyama, Akira; Nakamura, Haruo // Journal of Headache & Pain;Jun2009, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p177
We conducted a cross-sectional survey of 12,988 subjects aged 20â€“79 years (5,908 men and 7,090 women) receiving health checkups at a Tokyo clinic. They filled out a self-administered structured questionnaire, and 5.4% of the men and 15.4% of the women reported having headaches. Younger...