Review: Behavioral interventions show the most promise for the chronic fatigue syndrome
- A 9-year-old girl with chronic fatigue. Massin, M. M.; Leroy, P. // European Journal of Pediatrics;1999, Vol. 158 Issue 9, p761
Presents information on the clinical case of a girl with chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS). Hypothesis of an association between CFS and neurally mediated hypotension (NMH); Augmentation of NMH with central and peripheral neurological dysfunction; Observation of cerebral circulatory abnormalities...
- Experimental Biology 2012: Study finds chronic fatigue syndrome patients had reduced activity in brain's 'reward center'. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;4/28/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article presents information on a study conducted on the activity of brain in the people with chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Caring for people with chronic fatigue syndrome: Perceived stress versus satisfaction. Ferrari, Joseph R.; Jason, Leonard A. // Rehabilitation Counseling Bulletin;Jun97, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p240
Presents the results of a study which looked at perceived stress and satisfaction of adult caregivers who have cared for persons with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) on a long-term basis. Caregivers' life satisfaction; Social discomfort from working with a person with CFS; Implications for the...
- Science in the courtroom. Donnelly, Patrick // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;05/11/98, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p29
Reports on a court ruling in Canada that chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is physical in origin. The March 5, 1998 ruling by Edmonton Court of Queen's Bench Justice Philip Clarke; Suffers who can now leave work and claim long-term disability payments from insurance companies; Victorious plaintiff...
- The in vitro immunomodulatory effects of glyconutrients on peripheral blood mononuclear cells of patients with chronic fatigue syndrome. See, Darryl M.; Cimoch, Paul; Chou, Shioweh; Chang, Jennifer; Tilles, Jeremiah // Integrative Physiological & Behavioral Science;Jul-Sep98, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p280
Focuses on a study which investigates the in vitro immunomodulatory effects of glycoproteins added to Peripheral Blood Mononuclear Cells of patients with chronic fatigue syndrome. Methods used in the study; Results; Conclusion.
- Olympic mettle. Akers, Michelle; Sider, Don // People;11/10/97, Vol. 48 Issue 19, p131
Looks at how soccer star Michelle Akers deals with her illness of chronic fatigue syndrome. Her rigorous schedule; The process of the doctors diagnosing her disease; Comments from Akers; Her treatment.
- Study Fails to Confirm Viral Link to CFS. // BioWorld Today;5/16/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 94, Special section p1
The article offers information on the results of a study by researchers from the University of Utah on 100 chronic fatigue syndrome patients, which revealed the absence of either xenotropic murine leukemia virus-related viruses or antibodies to the virus in any of them.
- Dutch court denies sickness benefit to patient with `ME'. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);08/16/97, Vol. 315 Issue 7105, p384
Reports that the Netherlands social security court has denied benefit to a patient with chronic fatigue syndrome because no physical or mental causes of the illness could be identified.
- Did food intolerance kill Annabel Senior? // Foods Matter (USA);Jan2008, p6
The article discusses the author's memories of his wife who died of myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS).