A community support program for dementia delayed but did not reduce institutionalization over 2 years
- Caring for people with end-stage dementia. Birch, Deborah; Stokoe, David // Nursing Older People;Mar2010, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p31
This article considers the role of palliative care in the management of patients with dementia. It aims to broaden the knowledge of nurses providing general care as well as specialist palliative and end of life care to patients with dementia in all settings. The article helps nurses to identify...
- Care homes urged to improve standards. // Mental Health Practice;Jul2009, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p5
The article discusses a report "Remember I'm Still Me," by the Care Commission and Mental Welfare Commission of Scotland. Care homes in Scotland are being told to improve their treatment of people with dementia as a result of the report. The article cites Inappropriate administration of...
- Restorative nursing program--A `recipe' for program success. Bonn, Karen L. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Apr97, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p64
Focuses on the restorative nursing program in United States. Requirement of a successful nursing program; Implementation of the program; Persons whom active participants receive their care; Components of restorative care plan and maintenance participants; Residents awaiting active participants...
- Free nursing for Scottish elderly. // GP: General Practitioner;2/18/2002, p7
Reports the program of the health department on free care for the elderly in Scotland. Exclusion of the hotel costs; Extension of care payments; Benefits of the patients.
- Nursing-care plan. Kirk, Don Lewis // Business Insurance;10/11/93, Vol. 27 Issue 42, p23
Reports on the passage of Germany's nursing care bill in the German Bundestag, the lower house of Parliament. Cuts on employee holiday pay to finance health insurance for long term care; Compensation to companies for their additional premium contribution to Germany's sickness funds.
- A Whole New World: Nurse-Driven Protocols in Critical Care. R., Jones; W., Courtney; C., Crutchfield; A., Murray // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2008, Vol. 28 Issue 2, pe52
An abstract of the study "A Whole New World: Nurse-Driven Protocols in Critical Care," by R. Jones, W. Courtney, C. Crutchfield and A. Murray is presented.
- Care Planning: A Guide for Nurses. Dorrett, Jess // Primary Health Care;Sep2011, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p12
The article reviews the book "Care Planning: A Guide for Nurses," by David Barrett, Benita Wilson and Andrea Woolands.
- Health professionals keep making the same mistakes. Tingle, John // British Journal of Nursing;4/11/2002, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p414
Reports the documentation error of the nursing care plans implemented in the Health Service Ombudsman. Assessment of cancer diseases; Management of patient's condition; Treatment of chest infection.
- Adherence by Critical Care Nurses to an Insulin Nomogram. Wilson, Gail; Chant, Clarence; Friedrich, Jan // Dynamics;Summer2006, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p45
The article presents the abstract of a study on the adherence rates of nurses to the nomogram one year subsequent to the education and implementation phase of the protocol, to be presented at the Dynamics of Critical Care conference scheduled in St. John's, Newfoundland on September 24-26, 2006.