Donepezil improved the clinical state and quality of life in moderate-to-severe Alzheimer disease
- A Naturalistic Study of Galantamine for Alzheimer’s Disease. Brodaty, Henry; Woodward, Michael; Boundy, Karyn; Barnes, Nicola; Allen, Gabrielle // CNS Drugs;2006, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p935
OBJECTIVE: To collect descriptive data on the treatment of Alzheimerâ€™s disease with galantamine under naturalistic conditions.At 6 months, most PP subjects (70%) showed an increase in MMSE score compared with baseline, with a mean increase in score of 2.0 Â± 3.1 points from a baseline...
- Cognitive Intervention in Alzheimer's Disease. Geiger, Brian F. // Journal of Rehabilitation;Jul-Sep88, Vol. 54 Issue 3
Focuses on the use of cognitive therapy for Alzheimer's disease in the United States. Clinical background of the illness; Identification of the disease; Implementation of the strategy known as expanded rehearsal technique in the rehabilitation of persons with Alzheimer's disease.
- Alzheimer's Disease: Current Status of Etiopathogenesis and Therapeutic Strategies. Khairallah, Mervat Ibrahim; Kassem, Lobna Abdel Aal // Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences;2011, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p257
No abstract available.
- psych rx. RESULTS OF SUCCESSFUL TRIAL FOR ALZHEIMER PATIENTS APPLYING NOVEL, NON-INVASIVE TECHNOLOGY TO BE REVEALED AT GENEVA CONFERENCE. // Psychiatry (1550-5952);Sep2010, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p10
The article focuses on the results of a successful clinical trial on the application of novel and non-invasive technology from Neuronix Ltd. for Alzheimer's disease and other related conditions. It highlights the presentation of the results at the annual Congress of the European Federation of...
- The Potential Utility of 5-HT1A Receptor Antagonists in the Treatment of Cognitive Dysfunction Associated with Alzheimer's Disease. Schechter, L.E.; Dawson, L.A.; Harder, J.A. // Current Pharmaceutical Design;Jan2002, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p139
The 5-HT1A receptor has been extensively studied over the last two decades. There is a plethora of information describing its anatomical, physiological and biochemical roles in the brain. In addition, the development of selective pharmacological tools coupled with our understanding of...
- Chronic effects of anti-Alzheimer's drug, Galantamine hydrobromide on cholinergic system of mice brain. Kuna, Yellamma; Borra, Nirmala Kumari // Journal of Pharmacy Research;2013, Vol. 6/7 Issue 7, p714
Objectives: The present study emphasizes the prolonged effects of an anti-AlzheimerÂ±'s drug, Galantamine hydrobromide (GHB) on morphometric, behavioural and cholinergic system in mice in the absence of the disease, AD. Methods: One month old male albino mice, Mus musculus (20 2 g) were...
- Galantamine improved cognition and global functioning in vascular dementia or Alzheimer disease with cerebrovascular disease. Larson, Eric // ACP Journal Club;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 137 Issue 3, p102
Discusses research being done on the efficacy of galantamine in improving cognitive ability and global functioning in patients with probable vascular dementia or Alzheimer disease with cerebrovascular disease. Reference to study by T. Erkinjuntii and colleagues, published in the April 2002...
- FDA issues Alzheimer's rethink. // Nature Reviews Drug Discovery;May2013, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p333
The article reports that the cognitive and functional benefits of the Alzheimer's disease drug candidates are enough to secure drug approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Role of Serotonin in Alzheimer's Disease. Geldenhuys, Werner I.; Van der Schyf, Cornelis I. // CNS Drugs;2011, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p765
Mounting evidence accumulated over the past few years indicates that the neurotransmitter serotonin plays a significant role in cognition. As a drug target, serotonin receptors have received notable attention due in particular to the role of several serotonin-receptor subclasses in cognition and...