Itraconazole was as effective as amphotericin B for fever and neutropenia in cancer and led to fewer adverse events
- Vancomycin versus Placebo for Treating Persistent Fever in Patients with Neutropenic Cancer Receiving Piperacillin-Tazobactam Monotherapy. Cometta, A.; Kern, W.V.; De Bock, R.; Paesmans, M.; Vandenbergh, M.; Crokaert, F.; Engelhard, D.; Marchetti, O.; Akan, H.; Skoutelis, A.; Korten, V.; Vandercam, M.; Gaya, H.; Padmos, A.; Klastersky, J.; Zinner, S.; Glauser, M.P.; Calandra, T.; Viscoli, C. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;8/1/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p382
Assesses whether the addition of a glycopeptide would be able to reduce the time to defervescence in neutropenic patients with cancer. Patients' persistent fever after the initiation of empirical piperacillin-tazobactam monotherapy' Addition of amphotericin B to the therapy regimen; Lack of...
- A Randomized, Double-Blind Comparative Trial Evaluating the Safety of Liposomal Amphotericin B versus Amphotericin B Lipid Complex in the Empirical Treatment of Febrile Neutropenia. Wingard, John R.; White, Mary H.; Anaissie, Elias; Raffalli, John; Goodman, Jesse; Arrieta, Antonio // Clinical Infectious Diseases;11/1/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p1155
Presents a study that compared safety of lipid formulations of amphoterecin B on the treatment of neutropenic patients. Most common invasive fungal infections in neutropenic patients; Characteristics of patients with febrile neutropenia enrolled in a comparative trial of empirical treatments;...
- Editorial Response: Choosing Amphotericicin B Formulations--Between a Rock and a Hard Place. Bennett, John // Clinical Infectious Diseases;11/1/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p1164
Editorial. Comments on a study concerning the use of lipid formulations of amphotericin B in treatment of febrile neutropenia. How the differences in toxicity were evaluated; Need for the hospitals to make rules about how their physicians select an amphotericin B formulations.
- Amphotericin B Colloidal Dispersion Versus Amphotericin B in the Empirical Treatment of Fever and Neutropenia. Roland, William E.; White, Mary h. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;4/1/1999, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p935
Presents a comment and a response to an article about amphotericin B colloidal dispersion versus amphotericin B in the empirical treatment of fever and neutropenia. Question on the administration of normal saline bolus to patients prior to their receiving amphotericin B; Clarification on the...
- Liposomal amphotericin B poor value for febrile neutropenia. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;6/2/2007, Issue 529, p9
The article research being done on liposomal amphotericin B. It references studies by C. D. Collins et al published in a 2007 issue of "Clinical Drug Investigation" and J. R. Wingard in the March 15, 2007 issue of the "American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy." The studies found that liposomal...
- Rhinocerebral Phycomycosis in Association with Diabetic Ketoacidosis. Abramson, Eugene; Wilson, Dana; Arky, Ronald A. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Apr67, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p735
Presents two cases of rhinocerebral phycomycosis arising in association with diabetic ketoacidosis and a review of clinical and experimental experience with amphotericin B therapy. Facts of the case; Information on the amphotericin B therapy; Clinical pattern of reported cases of rhinocerebral...
- Amphotericin B-loaded bone cement to treat osteomyelitis caused by Candida albicans. Marra, Fawziah; Robbins, Graham M.; Masri, Bassam A.; Duncan, Clive; Wasan, Kishor M.; Kwong, Evan H.; Jewesson, Peter J. // Canadian Journal of Surgery;Oct2001, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p383
Presents a case of a patient with osteomyelitis due to Candida albicans. Treatment with amphotericin B-loaded bone cement; Removal of infected arthroplasty; Sensitivity of C. albican to amphotericin B.
- Amphotericin B liposomal. // Reactions Weekly;1/22/2011, Issue 1335, p7
The article describes the case of a 59-year-old man who experienced sensorineural hearing loss and aminotransferase elevations while undergoing treatment with amphotericin B liposomal.
- Ciltte YaygÄ±n NodÃ¼ler Lezyonlarla Birliktelik GÃ¶steren Hepatosplenik Kandidiyazis: Olgu Sunumu. Karakaş, Ayşe; Tutar, Engin; Tokuç, Gülnur; Öktem, Sedat; Boran, Perran // Journal of Pediatric Infection / Cocuk Enfeksiyon Dergisi;Mar2013, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p39
Hepatosplenic candidiasis (HSC), also commonly known as chronic disseminated candidiasis, is a distinct form of disseminated Candida supp. infection, with predominant involvement of the liver, spleen and occasionally the kidneys. It is detected with increasing frequency in patients who developed...