Prone positioning for acute respiratory failure improved short-term oxygenation but not survival
- Dead Space Fraction as a Prognosticator in ARDS. Pierson, David J. // Critical Care Alert;Jun2010, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p20
The article reports that according to a study conducted, alveolar dead-space fraction decreases the chances of survival in patients suffering from acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS).
- Severe child asthma: A team approach with home visits. Peterson, Jo // New Zealand Doctor;11/11/2015, p34
The article presents a case study of a three-year-old girl who often presented in severe respiratory distress in which a visit to her home shows the family lived in a small housing unit of New Zealand where the garden has large trees and some were privet, a pollen irritant to people with asthma.
- Adult ED Nursing Protocol: Respiratory Distress. // ED Nursing;Jun2010 Supplement, p1
A form showing a description of adult Ed Nursing protocol for respiratory distress is presented which appears in the book "Ed Nursing." The required information includes the oxygen saturation and patient monitoring.
- Langerhans cell histiocytosis with intrathymic calcifications and cavitation. Crawley, Alexis J.; Guillerman, R. Paul // Pediatric Radiology;Dec2010, Vol. 40, p62
The article focuses on the diagnosis of Langerhans cell histiocytosis (LCH) to a three-month-old boy who experienced respiratory distress, cough, and mediastinal mass on a chest radiograph via computed tomography (CT) scan.
- Respiratory distress syndrome in infants of Cardiff residents during 1965-75. Chalmers, Iain; Dauncey, M.E.; Verrier-Jones, E.R.; Dodge, J.A.; Gray, O.P. // British Medical Journal;10/21/1978, Vol. 2 Issue 6145, p1119
Evaluates the incidence of respiratory distress syndrome among infants in Cardiff, Wales. Association of the syndrome with the changes in the distribution of gestational age and birth; Evaluation of fatality rates; Examination of secular trends.
- A deadly web. Nanzer, Alexandra M.; Jordan, Simon; Padley, Simon; Griffiths, Mark; Hind, Matthew // Thorax;Jan2015, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p101
A case study of 18-year-old patient is presented with metabolic myopathy due to long-chain fatty acid coenzyme and his examination revealed respiratory distress, abdominal paradox and a prolonged inspiratory phase.
- Clinical Quiz. // Africa Health;Nov2015, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p40
A quiz on clinical education regarding respiratory distress of a child is presented.
- For want of a bag of blood. Yung, Michael // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);02/05/2000, Vol. 320 Issue 7231, p365
Narrates the experience of a physician with a young patient with malaria, anemia and respiratory distress, and who needed a blood transfusion. Risks of blood transfusion; Value of blood in severe anemia; Treatments given to most children with such life threatening syndrome.
- Dry lung syndrome: complete airway collapse mimicking pulmonary hypoplasia? Losa, M.; Kind, C. // European Journal of Pediatrics;1998, Vol. 157 Issue 11, p935
Abstract. We observed a premature baby born after severe oligohydramnios who could not be ventilated efficiently even with very high pressures immediately after birth, but who, after cessation of resuscitation attempts, recovered spontaneous sufficient breathing during the following hour. After...