Clopidogrel plus aspirin was effective but increased bleeding in acute coronary syndromes without ST-segment elevation
- Aspirin for unstable angina? Petch, M.C. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);7/5/1986, Vol. 293 Issue 6538, p1
Examines the effectiveness of aspirin on unstable angina. Angiographic pattern of coronay artery disease in patients with unstable angina; Occurrence of the disease; Reduction of risk of subsequent cardiac events in patients.
- 'Statins could cut death risk in heart failure patients by 40%' Gough, Rob // Pulse;12/2/2002, Vol. 62 Issue 46, p10
Reports the effectiveness of statin in treating patients with heart failure. Implication of result for heart failure management; Efficacy of statins in patients with coronary artery disease; Reduction of the risk of death.
- Rosuvastatin no better than atorvastatin. Elliott, William T. // Travel Medicine Advisor;Nov2011 Supplement, p1
The article informs of a study which compares the effectiveness of rosuvastanin, a drug class of statins, with another drug class of statins, atorvastanin, and states that the effectiveness of rosuvastanin is no better than atorvastanin in treating coronary atheroma, a coronary artery disease.
- Enoxaparin plus clot dissolver shows results. // Drug Utilization Review;Apr2002, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p29
Presents the results of a study on heart attack patients treated with enoxaparin. Evaluation of the effectiveness of reperfusion therapy; Effect of treatment on the risk of death.
- Statins Modulate Outcomes in Acute Coronary Syndromes. Sadovsky, Richard // American Family Physician;4/1/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 7, p1416
Discusses research being done on the use of statins in treating acute coronary syndromes. Reference to a study by F. A. Spencer et al, published in the June 1, 2004 issue of the journal "Annals of Internal Medicine"; Procedures for the study; Efficacy of the treatment method.
- Aspirin 'does not cut CV events in diabetes'. // Pulse;10/22/2008, Vol. 68 Issue 36, p2
The article focuses on study published online by the "BMJ" on the benefits of aspirin or antioxidants on preventing heart attacks in Great Britain. The study revealed that prescribing aspirin or antioxidants to high-risk patients with diabetes and asymptomatic arterial disease does not prevent...
- Statin, aspirin use linked to decreased mortality in uterine cancer. // Hem/Onc Today;6/25/2013, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p62
The article discusses research by Assistant Professor Nicole S. Nevadunsky and colleagues at Albert Einstein College of Medicine which revealed the association between the use of statins and aspirin and a reduction in mortality risk in women with uterine malignancies.
- OTC statins will 'widen inequalities' // Pulse;2/2/2004, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p4
Reports on the impact of the plan to sell simvastatins in pharmacies in Great Britain. Benefits of the drug against coronary heart disease; Number of older people who die of heart disease.
- Blood Works. Egan, Mary Ellen // Forbes Global;6/6/2005, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p58
Presents information on Celacade therapy, an innovative approach using a modified sample of a patient's own blood to trick the immune system into fighting cardiac inflammation, developed by biotech firm Vasogen. Amount invested by the firm for the development of the innovative drug; Function of...