Review: Platelet glycoprotein IIb/IIIa blockers for PCI or acute coronary syndromes reduce death and MI but increase bleeding
- Abatacept: A Viewpoint by Maxime Dougados. Dougados, Maxime // BioDrugs;2006, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p62
Eptifibatide (Integrilin) is a highly specific, reversible, intravenously administered glycoprotein IIb/IIIa receptor antagonist that acts at the final common step of the platelet aggregation pathway. Data from large clinical trials indicate that intravenous eptifibatide as adjunctive therapy to...
- Glanzmann's thrombasthenia. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p956
An encyclopedia entry for "Glanzmann's thrombasthenia," which refers to a rare autosomal recessive abnormality of platelet glycoprotein IIb-IIIa that is characterized by easy bruising and epostaxis that may sometimes requires blood transfusions, is presented.
- Short- and Long-Term Results of Abciximab Versus Aspirin in Conjunction with Thrombyolysis for Patients with Peripheral Occlusive Arterial Disease and Arterial Thrombosis. Schweizer, Johannes // Angiology;Nov2000, Vol. 51 Issue 11, p913
Evaluates the use of the platelet glycoprotein GP IIb/IIIa receptor antagonist abciximab versus aspirin in thrombolysis in patients with arterial thrombosis. Criteria for measuring primary efficacy; Reduction of the rates of rehospitalization; Decrease in the duration of lysis.
- Inhibition of Human Platelet Function in Vivo with a Monoclonal Anti-body. Coller, Barry S.; Scudder, Lesley E.; Berger, Harvey J.; Iuliucci, John D. // Annals of Internal Medicine;10/15/88, Vol. 109 Issue 8, p635
Demonstrates that the abolition of platelet function mediated by the glycoprotein IIb/IIIa receptor can be achieved in human by in vivo infusion of 7E2-F(ab') [sub2] without immediate hemodynamic or hemorrhagic toxicity. Information on the F(ab') [sub2] fragment of a monoclonal antibody to the...
- Platelet Glycoprotein IIb/IIIa Receptor Antagonists: Current Concepts and Future Directions. Ferguson, J.J.; Zaqqa, M. // Drugs;Dec1999, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p965
Platelets play a key role in the development of thrombosis. Glycoprotein (GP) IIb/IIIa antagonists are a new class of potent drugs that profoundly inhibit platelet function by blocking the key receptor involved in platelet aggregation. Several antiplatelet agents with varying characteristics...
- Impact of Thrombophilic Genetic Factors on Pulmonary Embolism: Early Onset and Recurrent Incidences. Ivanov, Petar; Komsa-Penkova, Regina; Kovacheva, Katia; Ivanov, Yavor; Stoyanova, Angelina; Ivanov, Ivan; Pavlov, Plamen; Glogovska, Pavlina; Nojarov, Venzislav // Lung;Jan/Feb2008, Vol. 186 Issue 1, p27
The importance of genetic thrombophilic factors in the development of venous thromboembolism has been increasingly recognized. Factor V Leiden (FVL), prothrombin gene mutation G20210A (FII G20210), genetic variant C677T of the methylentetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR), as well as the...
- Delayed Profound Thrombocytopenia Presenting 7 Days After Use of Abciximab (ReoPro). Sharma, Sanjiv; Bhambi, Brijesh; Nyitray, William; Sharma, Geetanjali; Shambaugh, Shawn; Antonescu, Adrian; Shukla, Pankaj; Denny, Eileen // Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology & Therapeutics;Jan2002, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p21
This article focuses on delayed profound thrombocytopenia presenting 7 days after use of abciximab. Abciximab is a Fab fragment of the chimeric human-murine monoclonal antibody 7E3 which binds to the platelet glycoprotein GP IIb-IIIa receptor and inhibits platelet aggregation. Acute profound...
- New approaches to the management of AMI: Fibrinolysis plus GP llb/llla receptor blockade. Hilleman, Daniel E. // Formulary;Sep2000, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p738
Explains how acute myocardial infarction can be managed using fibrinolysis and platelet glycoprotein IIb/IIIa receptor blockade. Development of fibrinolytic agents; Thrombolytics; Advantages of bolus administration; Development of GP IIb/IIIa receptor inhibitors; Rationale for combination therapy.
- Immunoexpression of Integrins in Ameloblastoma, Adenomatoid Odontogenic Tumor, and Human Tooth Germs. de Souza Andrade, Emanuel Sávio; da Costa Miguel, Marcia Cristina; de Almeida Freitas, Roseana; Pinto, Leão Pereira; de Souza, Lélia Batista // International Journal of Surgical Pathology;Jul2008, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p277
The expression of integrins Î±2Î²1, Î±5Î²1, and Î±5Î²1 in 30 ameloblastomas (20 solid and 10 unicystic tumors), 12 adenomatoid odontogenic tumors (AOTs), and 5 human tooth germs in different stages of odontogenesis was analyzed. The distribution, location, pattern, and intensity of...