Detroit blacks sue arts museum $20 mil. for bias
- Atlanta banks rejecting more black loans: Report. // Jet;3/6/89, Vol. 75 Issue 22, p8
Reports that Atlanta blacks are rejected two to four times more often than Whites by banks for home loans.
- US sues New Jersey in discrimination case. // Jet;3/6/89, Vol. 75 Issue 22, p34
Reports on a suit filed by the US Justice Department charging race and sex discrimination in hiring in New Jersey police departments.
- Hazing suit is settled at Charleston, S.C. academy. // Jet;3/6/89, Vol. 75 Issue 22, p14
Reports that a case involving the hazing of a black cadet by five white cadets at the Citadel, a military academy, has been settled.
- White Olympic star beaten; Defends Black teammate in racial attack in Germany. // Jet;11/15/93, Vol. 85 Issue 3, p18
Reports on the beating of White American Olympic luger team member Duncan Kennedy by skinheads in Germany after he tried to defend his Black teammate Robert Pipkins. Claims of a racial attack on Pipkins by the skinheads; Arrest of five skinheads involved in the incident; Racial tensions in Germany.
- Whites-Only Provision In Will Is Problem At Nursing Home. // Jet;12/27/99, Vol. 97 Issue 3, p5
Focuses on the complications surrounding an estate left to the Keswick nursing home for a building erected there to service white patients only.
- Adam's Mark Hotel Chain Pays $8 Million To Settle Discrimination Lawsuits. // Jet;04/10/2000, Vol. 97 Issue 17, p46
Reports that the Adam's Mark hotel chain agreed to a settlement of racial bias lawsuits which charged that the hotels discriminated against Black guests in Florida.
- A personal experience with racism. // Psychology Today;Dec86, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p46
Racism thrives more in the institutions that protect, preserve, and promote it than in the individual human psyche, claims the author, who joined the NAACP at the age of nine because his black nanny was not allowed to attend the movies with him.
- Break like the wind. Cortez, John P. // AutoWeek;9/4/95, Vol. 45 Issue 36, p12
Reports on a former Los Angeles car dealership employee's filing of a racial harassment lawsuit against executives of the dealership for alleged intentional farting in his office. Comments of dealership attorney, Rob Bekken.
- Africville. // Canada & the World Backgrounder;Apr96, Vol. 61 Issue 6, p17
Relates the destruction of Africville, a mostly black community of 400 people on the northern outskirts of Halifax, Nova Scotia. Substandard living conditions as the basis of the destruction.
- East and west meet. // Canada & the World Backgrounder;Apr96, Vol. 61 Issue 6, p23
Presents a trade of discriminating opinions between the Chinese and Canadians. Complaints against Chinese' bad habits such as jumping queues; Statistics on racial discrimination against the Chinese.