Tags: CARIBOU hunting
- Nejanilini nomads. Blake, Joe // Bowhunter;Apr/May97, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p66
Relates the author's experiences during a four-day caribou hunting in Manitoba. Studies and stalking of bulls on the first days; Behavior of the bulls; Use of natural covers; Achievement of a trophy bull. INSET: A new destination..
- Ungava bulls. Jones, T. // Outdoor Life;Sep90, Vol. 186 Issue 3, p92
Discusses caribou hunting in Quebec's Ungava Bay region. Describes hunting trip and how participants took their prey. INSET: If you go (planning and booking a hunt plus equipment tips)..
- A losing battle. Prothero, Walt // Outdoor Life;Jul96, Vol. 198 Issue 1, p64
Recounts the author's hunt for caribou in the Alaska Arctic. Abundance of caribou in Alaska; Killing of a bull caribou; Encounter with grizzly bears.
- Tuktu! Barsness, John; Adams, Norman // Field & Stream;Jul93, Vol. 98 Issue 3, p46
Describes hunting for caribou in the Northwest Territories. What the area looks like; The inuit guides; Details of the hunting trip; Size of the caribou; Addresses for more information. INSETS: Caribou of the Northwest Territories, by J.B.;Hunting the Northwest Territories, by J.B.;Hunting with...
- Hunting in a hard land. Petzal, David E. // Field & Stream;Aug94, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p50
Discusses caribou hunting in the tundra of northern Quebec. Climate, flora and fauna; Description of the caribou; Relationship with the wolf; Hunting season; Misconceptions; Guides; Anecdotes.
- Hunting caribou with the Crees. Robinson, Jerome B. // Field & Stream;Sep96, Vol. 101 Issue 5, p70
Presents the author's experiences in hunting caribou with the Crees in Central Quebec. Effect of cold on the hunters; Keeping the moccasins from getting wet; Hunting as a meat-gathering expedition. INSETS: Subarctic driving.;If you go.;What to wear, by J.B.R..
- Subsistence hunting and wildlife management in the central Canadian Arctic. Collings, Peter // Arctic Anthropology;1997, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p41
Focuses on the management of caribou hunting in Holman, Northwest Territories. Beliefs about Native hunting; Conditions that threaten indigenous management systems; Holman as an example of the problems of co-management; Co-management formation; Necessity of a hunting ban.
- Caribou times two. // Outdoor Life;Jun95, Vol. 195 Issue 6, p17
Reports on two Caribou hunting records. Al Kuntz's Caribou killed in Scandia, Minnesota; Larry Waldron's Caribou killed in Skandia, Michigan.
- Vertical Fun With Mountain Caribou. Adams, Chuck // Bowhunter;May/Jun2006, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p40
The article discusses the author's experience of hunting mountain caribou in Canada.