Tags: SIERRA Club
- A toll-free call for conservation. M.M.W. // Country Living;Sep90, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p15
Describes the Sierra Club's plans for the first national global-warming campaign. Overview of scientific theory on global warming; How people can join the campaign. INSET: Country Living forest update..
- Sierra Club centennial. // Shape;Nov92, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p26
Discusses the history of the Sierra Club, founded in 1892 by naturalist John Muir. The Sierra Club Outing program offers more than 340 outings around the world this year.
- World parks vs. development. // Sierra;Nov/Dec84, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p36
The amount of land that the nations of the world have set aside as national parks has never been greater. But it is one thing to set aside a park; it is quite another thing to defend that park when development draws near. As part of its International Program, the Sierra Club is committed to...
- The anatomy of a Sierra Club victory. // Sierra;Mar/Apr86, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p53
No one thought grassroots activists could win congressional support for a strong Superfund bill. An insider explains why the experts were wrong. At the heart of the club's lobbying efforts were low-profile but proven techniques, such as writing letters and making telephone calls to key members...
- 1988 spring trips. // Sierra;Nov/Dec87, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p69
Sierra Club trips are cooperative ventures, averaging 12 to 25 members, with all chores shared by group members. Several spring and winter vacation trips are planned, so chances are there's a Sierra Club outing just right for everyone. A brief description of the unique trips planned, including...
- Sierra club 1988 outings. Amster, D. // Sierra;Jan/Feb88, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p45
Each year `Sierra' offers a number of trips designed for club members, their families, and friends. The majority of the vacation trips are to domestic wilderness areas, but there are also foreign trips for conservationists who wish to visit exotic places. On most trips, participants assist in...
- Yogurt-eaters for wilderness. King, J.F. // Sierra;Jan/Feb89, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p22
Presents a demographic profile of the Sierra Club's membership, based on the latest reader survey results.
- Outings Sierra Club 1990. // Sierra;Jan/Feb90, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p47
Describes Sierra Club's 1990 catalog of outings. Inner city outings; Trips to Alaska and Hawaii; Backpacking; Bicycle and burro trips; Trips geared to families; Foreign trips; Ski trips; Water trips. Includes geographic index.
- Sierra notes. // Sierra;Jul/Aug90, Vol. 75 Issue 4, p61
Reports Sierra Club news as of August 1996. Officials elected; the membership defeating a proposed amendment to the clubs bylaws concerning reelection of directors; Volunteers, chapters, and friends that received awards at the club's May 5, 1996 annual dinner.