Dallas Rapid Transit Could Lose Key City In $1B Expansion
- DART'S 28-mile Green Line opens. Harbour, Mike // Trains;Mar2011, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p21
The article reports that Dallas Area Rapid Transit opened its 28-mile Green Line between southeast Dallas and northwest suburbs in Texas, on December 6, 2010.
- Quake delays delivery of first DART car. // Railway Age;Apr95, Vol. 196 Issue 4, p32
Reports that the Kobe earthquake delayed delivery of the light rail cars manufactured by Kinkysharyo USA and Itochu International for the Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART). Location of final assembly.
- Dallas Rapid Transit Hires New Commuter Rail Head. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/5/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31442, p3
Reports the selection of Kathryn Waters to the position of vice president of the Dallas Area Rapid Transit in Texas. Educational background of Waters; Career history of the executive; Management of the commuter railway.
- Dallas Transit Board Weighs Funding Options In Shortfall. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;9/19/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31474, p3
Reports the initiative of funding the projects by the board of Dallas Area Rapid Transit in Texas. Approval of the budget eliminating 149 jobs and addition of the first proposed fare increase; Reduction of the west suburbs to save money; Decision to add an extension to Love Field Airport.
- Correction. // Bond Buyer;1/16/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32796, p2
A correction to the article about Dallas Area Rapid Transit that was published in the previous issue is presented.
- DART eyes downtown streetcars, LRT. // Railway Age;Dec2014, Vol. 215 Issue 12, p6
The article reports that Dallas Area Rapid Transit and City Council officials are planning for long-discussed rail transit upgrades within the city's core as the effort to link downtown Dallas with outlying suburbs is in near completion.
- Arlington bus pilot project approved. Graham, A. Lee // Fort Worth Business Press;6/24/2013, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p14
The article reports on the agreement signed by the Fort Worth Transportation Authority (The T), Dallas Area Rapid Transit and the city of Arlington as of June 2013 for the launching of a two-year pilot express bus service for downtown Arlington in Virginia and others.
- Off-wire in Dallas. // Railway Gazette International;Apr2013, Vol. 169 Issue 4, p14
The article offers information on a contract signed on February 26, 2013 which authorizes the railroad company Brookville Equipment Corp. to supply two offwire capable light rail vehicles to the Dallas Area Rapid Transit for the Union Station- Oak Cliff, Dallas, Texas streetcar railroad line.
- These rhymes have reasons. // Adweek Southeast Edition;06/29/98, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p3
Reports that the Poetry Society of American has coordinated Poetry in Motion, a summer pilot of a United States program, which will be placed in Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) trains and buses. Names of poets whose works will be featured; Purpose of the program; Comments made by Sue Bauman,...