San Francisco Board Paves Way for $462M PUC Refunding
- Pataki Approves $1.3B Van Cortlandt Park Water Plant. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;7/24/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31684, p3
Reports that George E. Pataki, New York governor, has approved the legislation for a $1.3 billion Van Cortlandt Park water filtration plant in Bronx, New York City. Amount of bonds to be issued for the project; Reason due to which the governor delayed clearance of the legislation; Credit...
- Chicago Prepping Up To $1 Billion of Revenue Borrowing. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/4/2014, Vol. 123 Issue F314, p1
The article informs that Chicago is planning to sell water and sewer revenue bonds of one billion U.S dollars to finance improvement and upgrade of aging water infrastructure to protect the water from Lake Michigan. The bonds will help improve the water systems using purification plants, pumping...
- Back in the Saddle. Nangle, Hilary M. // Ski;Jan2004, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p16E
Provides information on the reopening of the Saddleback Mountain in Maine under the proprietorship of saddleback skier Bill Berry.
- PEOPLE. // Jet;04/17/2000, Vol. 97 Issue 19, p24
Focuses on several people, including Dr. Bill Berry who was named a Fulbright Fellow for spring 2000.
- Berry recuperates. // Hollywood Reporter;3/6/95, Vol. 336 Issue 14, p3
Reports on the recovery of R.E.M. drummer Bill Berry from surgery to stem bleeding in his brain. Postponement of the band's world tour; Berry's surgery in March 1995 at the University Hospital Center of Vaud in Lausanne, Switzerland; Comments from band lawyer Bertis Downs.
- On tap: safe drinking water. // Current Health 2;Apr88, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p16
Discusses safe drinking water. How drinking water is purified; Giardiasis (a disease spread by a protozoan, Giardia lamblia); Amebiasis (dysentery); How to check for safe drinking water (at home, camping, etc.).
- Options for home water treatment. Wagenet, Linda; Mancl, Karen // Consumers' Research Magazine;Mar1995, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p30
Presents information on types of systems for water treatment at home without using chemicals. Mechanical filtration; Reverse osmosis; Adsorption; Distillation.
- Do you need a water filter? Austad, S. // Good Housekeeping;Feb90, Vol. 210 Issue 2, p218
Explains the benefits and uses for home water filtration systems. When to use one; Home treatments; Types of systems; Buying tips.
- Hitting the bottled. // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Mar93, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p3
Reports on the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) proposed regulations for bottled water. Safety standards; Source and nutrient content in labels; State monitoring.