D.C. Council Approves 90-Day Reauthorization of TIF Program
- Texas bill extending TIF district spending awaits governor's approval. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;06/21/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30666, p32
Reports that a state legislative bill pending governor's approval in Texas may bring changes to the state's special districts by broadening spending authority for tax increment financing (TIF) districts. Details of the bill; Purpose of the formation of TIF districts; Opinion of officials in...
- Bill would create TIFs without borders. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;12/14/98, Vol. 21 Issue 50, p4
Reports on a bill allowing the city of Chicago, Illinois to pool money generated by city's tax-increment financing (TIF) districts. TIF under state law; Community groups' concern over giving city hall unprecedented freedom to decide where money in economic redevelopment will be spent;...
- Delaware Mulls TIFs, Special Development Districts for Localities. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;6/18/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31659, p32
The Delaware General Assembly is considering a substitute bill that would allow local governments for the first time to finance infrastructure and development-related costs through the use of tax increment financing (TIF) and the establishment of special development districts (SDD). The funding...
- Bill would aid casino construction. Kitchenman, Andrew // njbiz;2/8/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p2
The article reports on the impact of the passage of a bill that bars local referendums on projects funded through tax-increment financing in New Jersey on the Revel Entertainment casino project.
- TIF for Hospitality District. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/3/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33708, p7
The article reports that a legislative effort to establish a hospitality district was opposed by trustees of the French Quarter Management District.
- N.Y. TIF Legislation Pared Down, But Supporters Still on Board. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;6/20/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32904, p3
The article reports on the removal of several provisions in a bill that allows potential expansion for tax increment financing (TIF) in New York. Among the removed provisions include the expansion of projects allowed under TIF regulations, the 10% sales tax in a TIF financing district to be used...
- N.Y. Goes Nowhere on Range of Issues. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;7/7/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32913, p1
The article reports on the failure of New York legislators to pass municipal-bond related issues. Legislation pertaining to industrial development agency borrowing, public authority reform and expansion of tax increment financing are not passed in the 2008 legislative session. According to...
- Opening Up Economic Development Tools to More of Pennsylvania. Finley, John D. // Pennsylvania CPA Journal;Winter2006, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p1
The article reports that by the passage of Senate Bill 1026, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania enacted a comprehensive economic stimulus package in 2004. Three broad areas of investment has been targeted by the economic stimulus package. They are site preparation, infrastructure improvement and...
- Introduction. // Internal Revenue Bulletin;4/11/2011, Vol. 2011 Issue 15, preceding p610
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports published within the issue on topics including treaties and tax legislation, the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, and Bank Secrecy Act Administrative Rulings.