Las Vegas Water, Philadelphia Gas Deals Sell; Muni Prices Finish Firm
- Philadelphia gas works' troubles won't preclude upgrade for city. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;01/27/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30816, p4
Reports that the problems faced by Philadelphia Gas Works may hamper efforts to win upgrades for the general obligation bonds in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Problems concerning high management turnover rate and a faulty billing system; Downgrading by Moody's Investor Service of the utility's...
- The Digest. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;12/18/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31535, p1
Presents summary about selling of $730 million bonds by Las Vegas Valley Water District and Philadelphia Gas Works in the new issue market as of December 18, 2002.
- Troubled Philadelphia gas works hit with downgrade from Moody's. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;02/02/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30570, p3
Focuses on Moody's Investors Service's decision to downgrade the outstanding Philadelphia Gas Works (PGW) debt. Factors contributing to the downgrading of the bond's rating; Bond rating given by Standard and Poor's and Fitch IBCA Inc.; Ben Hayllar's appointment as president of PGW.
- Controversy unlikely to burn Philadelphia gas works deal. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;05/21/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30646, p1
Indicates the expected success of the Philadelphia Gas Works (PGW) deal which the Pennsylvania city expects to bring to bond market on June 1999. Market's interests for Philadelphia paper; Structure and value of the PGW deal; Other Philadelphia deals planed for later June and early July 1999.
- Philly Gas Works Wins Union Concessions. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;10/3/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31236, p29
Reports the move of Philadelphia Gas Works (PGW) employees union to ratify a contract to accept reductions in health care benefits and flexible work rules in Pennsylvania. Terms in the contract; Benefits of the contract; Ratings of PGW revenue bonds.
- S&P Rates Philly Gas Debt. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;8/29/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33573, p9
The article reports that the revenue refunding bonds of Philadelphia Gas Works Inc. rated as BBB-plus and stable outlook according to Standard and Poor's Co.
- Fitch Knocks PGW Down Two Notches. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;4/26/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31870, p2
Reports that Fitch Ratings has reduced its rating on Philadelphia Gas Works' outstanding senior revenue bonds. Rise in delinquent accounts; Increase in natural gas prices; Increase in number of customers with unpaid bills; Efforts to control losses; Ratings for Philadelphia Gas by Standard &...
- Bad News For Philadelphia Gas Works. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/18/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32240, p1
Reports on the impact Fitch Ratings Inc.'s placement of Philadelphia Gas Works' BB-minus rating on negative watch on outstanding senior and junior lien bonds in the U.S. Negative ratings seen on bonds which have the lowest investment grade rating; Contribution of oil prices to a downgrade of the...
- Weather, reorganization put Philadelphia utility in hot seat. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;12/18/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30543, p3
Cites the possible downgrading by Moody's Investors Service of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania utility Philadelphia Gas Works' (PGW) bonds as a result of weather conditions and changes in the company's management. Rating by Moody's of PGW's outstanding bonds; Technical default on revenue bonds;...