NEWS IN BRIEF
- The Streams of Financial Research and Their Interrelationships: Evidence from the Social Sciences Citation Index. Borokhovich, Kenneth A.; Bricker, Robert J. // Financial Practice & Education;Fall/Winter94, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p110
Presents a study that uses citational methods and content analysis to empirically derive a structure of finance research. Identification of seminal research studies and historical literature that continues to influence contemporary research; Corporate structure research; Distribution of...
- Financial markets with asymmetric information: An expository review of seminal models. Ardalan, Kavous // International Review of Economics & Finance;1998, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p23
Presents a paper which looks at an expository review of the seminal models of the rational expectations equilibrium models in the finance literature. Findings of the review; Information on two themes which underlie the discussion on the models; Indepth look at the review.
- On margin. // Finance Week;10/14/2002, p66
Presents contributions of readers published in the October 14, 2002 issue of the journal 'Finance Week.' Humorous account of two Irishmen's experience at a dry cleaner shop in London, England; Details of a report published in 'New Straits Times' of Malaysia.
- Interest Rate Concepts and Terminology in Introductory Finance Textbooks. Rich, Steven P.; Rose, John T. // Financial Practice & Education;Spring/Summer97, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p113
Addresses the imprecision of finance literature in interest rate terminology. Basic interest rate concepts; Benchmark terms of the concepts; Terminology mandated by the Truth in Lending and Truth in Savings statues; Overview of the survey of 14 introductory finance textbooks published in 1994...
- PUBLICATIONS RECEIVED. // Academy of Management Review;Oct2000, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p891
The article lists publications received for review by the journal, including "Business Driven Action Learning: Global Best Practices," edited by Yury Boshyk, "Catalytic Coaching: The End of the Performance Review," by Garold L. Markle, and "Causality: Models, Reasoning, and Inference," by Judea...
- Editorial. Sondermann, Dieter; Muller, Werner A. // Finance & Stochastics;2002, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p141
Editorial. Announces that issues of the 'Finance and Stochastics' are available on the periodical's website. Transition time of publication; Resource for finance research and citation; Prevention of backlog situations.
- First Edition Of 'Foundations Of Risk Management And Insurance' Published By CPCU Institute. // Insurance Advocate;2/24/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 8, p24
Reports on the release of the first edition of the 'Foundations of Risk Management and Insurance' by the American Institute for Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter professional designation program. Objectives of the Foundations of Risk Management and Insurance text; Cost and availability...
- Errata. // Strategic Finance;Jun2005, Vol. 86 Issue 12, p26
A correction to an article from the May, 2005 issue is presented.
- Interest grows in magazines about money. Beam, Cris // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;11/15/96, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p26
Reports on a boom in personal finance magazines in the United States. Change of older magazines in the field in their approaches; Readers' complaint over information overload; Postponement of the redesign of the magazine `Inc.'; Financial concerns of the baby-boom generation.