- Consultants: Arkansas Needs $847M More Per Year for Education. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/4/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31712, p36
Focuses on expenditure on education by the government of Arkansas. Plans of Mike Huckabee, Governor of the state on improving the funding of public education; Overview of a study by consultants on the additional revenue needed by the state for providing adequate education to all students;...
- Legality of Arkansas Governor's Plan To Spend Tobacco Money Questioned. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/14/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31325, p31
Focuses on questions raised on the legality of proposal offered by Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee to use the state's share of the national tobacco settlement. Issuance of debt by Arkansas Development Finance Authority; Tobacco bonds issued by the state.
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/05/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31030, p31
Presents news items related to bonds and the securities industry in the United States as of December 5, 2000. Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee's tax law cleanup initiative; Kenwood School District's use of federal funds to pay a legal judgment in Oklahoma; Galveston City Council's plan to...
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Walker, Patrick M.; Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;04/10/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31115, p31
Presents news items related to bonds and the securities industry in the United States as of April 10, 2001. Legislation related to bond issuance in Arizona; Extension of an olive branch to Governor Mike Huckabee of Arkansas; Moratorium on the creation of new charter schools in Texas.
- Arkansas' Huckabee impanels work group to devise highway funding plan. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;07/21/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30191, p36
Reports on Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee's creation of a special panel tasked to formulate a funding plan for the state's highways. Possible use of bonds as a financing option; Panel's plans to hold hearings to solicit financing ideas; Existing sources of funding for the state's highways.
- Texas House OKs Budget, But Arkansas Adjourns With No Plan. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/21/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31618, p4
Republican members of the Texas House on April 17, 2003 opted not to abolish the state's current school finance system in order to get House Democrats to support a 117 billion dollar budget plan for the biennium, while the Arkansas General Assembly ended its legislative session without agreeing...
- Arkansas Governor signs transportation bills. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;04/05/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30612, p3
Reports on Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee's signing of legislative bills that will serve as the basis for the state's transportation program. Arkansas Highway Commission's issuance of Garvee bonds.
- Arkansas Governor Reveals New School Funding Plan. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/14/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31739, p36
Reports on the proposal of an education finance plan by Governor Mike Huckabee in Arkansas. Amount proposed by Huckabee for public education per year; Disadvantages of the plan; Budget of the state for public education.
- EX-GOVERNOR HUCKABEE & NAMM "WANNA PLAY ALBUM". // Music Trades;Nov2010, Vol. 158 Issue 10, p38
The article reports on the announcements by former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee on NAMM Foundation's donation of 10,000 U.S. dollars to the W.O. Smith Music School and Aaron Tippin on the compilation compact disc (CD) project to benefit music education for children across America.