Arizona Set to Lead Off Year With $400M of School COPs
- Florida District Ready to Roll Out $61M of School COPs. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/24/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31477, p32
Reports the plan of the school district to roll out $61.4 million insured of certificates of participation in Florida. Importance of the proceeds for the elementary schools; Finance needed for the school; Presentation of the general obligation bond rating of the school district.
- Minneapolis school district hits market with $36.4 million COPs issue. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/13/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30309, p36
Focuses on the Minneapolis School District No. 1's offering of certificates of participation (COP) issuances to fund schools and additions and address maintenance needs in the district. Total worth of bonds to be offered by the district; Total worth of outstanding COP handled by the district;...
- Orange County, Fla., Schools Set Up $188 Million of COPs. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/31/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31398, p3
Reports the sale Orange County School Board of fixed-rate and variable rate of certificates of participation (COP) in Florida. Use of the COP proceeds to renovate and replace schools; Reduction of the millage rate on property values; Funding mechanism for the capital program.
- Palm Beach County, Fla., Schools End Heavy Year With $193M COP Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/10/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31529, p4
Reports that the Palm Beach County, Florida, School Board will end its debt issuance with the sale of multi-million dollars of 20-year certificates of participation (COP). Name of the corporation managing the deal; Total outstanding amount of COPs as a result of the offering; Names of companies...
- IRS: L.A. Schools' COP Deal May Be Taxable. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/9/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31239, p4
Reports that multi-million dollar in certificates of participation (COP) sold by the Los Angeles Unified School District for Belmont Learning Complex may be taxable. Role of the Internal Revenue Service in passing COP; Usage of proceeds from taxes of learning complex in building schools.
- High-Tech School COPs. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;09/12/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30973, p1
Reports that the Los Angeles Unified School District in California, plans to sell $172 million of certificates of participation on September 12, 2000. Uses for the proceeds from the sale; Senior manager for the negotiated deal; Formation of a financing corporation by the district.
- Florida School District Prices $239.2 Million COP Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;05/18/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31142, p3
Reports that the Broward County, Florida, School District priced $239.2 million in certificates of participation (COP) in the first of two large issuances in a week from the same South Florida county. Lead manager of the negotiated deal; Plan to use proceeds from the COP to build three high...
- FGIC to back its first Florida school COP deal. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;02/02/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30820, p3
Reports on the sale of certificates of participation by Florida's Palm Beach School District in Palm Beach County in February 2000. Companies involved in the certificates issue; Ratings given by Fitch IBCA Inc. and Standard & Poor's for the issues; Value of state aid for building; Outlook for...
- St. Paul Schools set $27 million of deals; bias law spurs COPs. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;07/02/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30179, p29
Discloses that Minnesota's Saint Paul Independent School District No. 625 is set to issue certificates of participation (COPs) to build a new elementary school. District's bid to comply with state-ordered racial desegregation; Percentage of non-white students in Saint Paul; Plan to move...