Oklahoma Garvees In Doubt
- Oklahoma Readies Reduced-Size Garvee Issue After a Year of Delays. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;2/27/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31830, p3
Reports that the state of Oklahoma is preparing for the issuance of its Garvee debt program. Support for the Garvees by federal highway funds provided to the state; Governor Brad Henry's lobbying for the state's highway funding bill; Management of the deal by Oppenheim and A.G. Edwards & Sons...
- Lottery's Chances Looking Shaky In $5.1 Billion Oklahoma Budget. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p28
Reports on opposition faced by Oklahoma governor Brad Henry to a proposed lottery as the Legislature begins studying his budget proposal. Inclusions in Henry's budget proposal; Multi-million dollar revenue that the lottery is expected to generate annually; Proposal by the governor regarding a...
- One for the Wall. Burkhead, Lynn // Bowhunter;Nov2002 Special Issue, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p18
Relates the experience of Kansas bowhunter Brad Henry in deer hunting. Background of the hunter; Challenges in combating the weather; Strategies and styles in hunting.
- OKLAHOMA: Raise the Rainy-Day Fund. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/9/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33263, p9
The article reports on the effort of the Oklahama Governor Brad Henry to expand the constitutional limit on the state's budget stabilization fund to 15 percent from 10 percent level, particularly on rainy-day fund.
- Gov. Henry Urges Emergency Relief for Oklahoma Schools. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;2/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31570, p3
Reports that Oklahoma governor Brad Henry is planning to provide funds worth $39.8 million for restoration of public schools in the state. Benefits of the restoration to the schools' teachers; Possible steps taken by Henry to restore public schools; Percentage of school funding in the state budget.
- No Rush to Spend. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;7/15/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31677, p33
Focuses on the reluctance of Brad Henry, Governor of Oklahoma to spend $58 million received by the state from U.S. Federal government in order to ease the state's revenue crisis. Expectations of several people regarding the usage of the money.
- 3 QUESTIONS WITH... Oklahoma Gov. BRAD HENRY. Taylor, Benson // Sporting News;10/27/2008, Vol. 232 Issue 42, p31
An interview with Oklahoma Governor Brad Henry is presented, wherein he cites the excitement of Oklahomans on the Oklahoma City Thunder professional basketball franchise, promotes the Ford Center for visitors who seek restaurants, and comments on athlete Kevin Durant.
- PROPOSED OKLA. BUDGET INCLUDES SALES TAX ITEMS. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;3/1/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p3
The article reports that the proposed budget of Oklahoma Governor Brad Henry for fiscal year 2011 also has sales and use tax proposals.
- OKLAHOMA. Ash, Katie // Education Week;2/10/2010, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p16
The article discusses a speech by Oklahoma governor Brad Henry focusing on increases in teacher salaries, the protection of educational funding and scholarship programs in the state budget and the Achieving Classroom Experience program intended to promote educational standards and accountability.