FOR SAFETY AND QUALITY: Handling Fryers
- Deep Fryers are here to stay. Drysdale, John A. // Chef Educator Today;Autumn2006, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p30
The article presents information on some safety measures to prevent accidents while using deep fryers in kitchens. Deep fryers are considered as one of the most dangerous equipment in laboratories. Students should keep fry kettles covered to avoid accidents. The temperature of the oil in deep...
- DEEP-FAT FRYERS. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/27/2012, Vol. 202 Issue 4725, preceding p44
The article offers safety measures related to oil, thermostats and filters, that should be considered while cooking food, using electric fryers in Great Britain.
- Memory alloy for deep fryer. Remich Jr., Norman C. // Appliance Manufacturer;Jul93, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p62
Presents Ten's intelligent fryer using a copper-based memory alloy. Alloy as thermal activator; Mechanism; Control of basket's descent into the oil.
- Frying equipment. Bendall, Dan // Restaurant Hospitality;Mar98, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p120
Reports that fryer manufactures have kept their sales steady as a result of improvements in both the equipment and frying process. Information on commercial deep-fat fryers; Introduction of a fryer with solid state controls that provides more precise temperature control; Indepth look at the...
- DEEP-FAT FRYERS. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/8/2011, Vol. 201 Issue 4672, preceding p33
The article offers information on cooking equipment deep-fat fryer, highlights the efficacy of electric and gas fryers and its capacity.
- HOW TO BUY A FRYER. Bendall, Dan // Restaurant Hospitality;Nov2000, Vol. 84 Issue 11, p97
Offers tips on buying a fryer. Design of fryers; Brief information on pressure fryers; Importance of fire suppression system over the fryer.
- Today's fryers. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;12/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p114
Focuses on the use of fryers by food service operators in the United States. Features of fryers used at Henrico County Schools in Virginia; Maintenance strategies for fryers at Cleveland Medical Center in Shelby, North Carolina; Comparative advantages of gas and electric fryers. INSET: Gas or...
- Frequent fryer. Durocher, Joseph // Restaurant Business;12/15/97, Vol. 96 Issue 24, p77
Focuses on the importance of fryers in a kitchen. Feedback from some manufacturers of custom fryers; Prices of fryers; Guidelines in choosing a frying equipment. INSET: Get more mileage..
- Self-cleaning elements. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;3/29/2007, Vol. 197 Issue 4469, p73
The article evaluates the Frymaster E4 electric fryers from Enodis.
- Reduced heat-up time. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;3/29/2007, Vol. 197 Issue 4469, p75
The article evaluates the Whirlpool AGB gas deep-fat fryers from Whirlpool.