FROM THE PACIFIC RIM: NOODLE INFLUX
- NOTHING BUT NOODLES. Duecy, Erica // Nation's Restaurant News;1/31/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p148
This article reports that franchise growth is on the menu at Nothing but Noodles, a Scottsdale, Arizona-based global pasta concept that tripled the size of its system to 30 units last year. The 4-year-old brand, which offers a selection of internationally inspired noodles, soups and salads, is...
- Better Ways to Use Your Noodles. // Food Management;May2003, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p68
This article presents ideas on how to enliven spaghetti dishes for students. Long noodles present a special problem in school food services, so pasta is precooked and slightly coated with olive oil, then placed in a bowl and topped with sauce at serving time. For sites with rethermalizing units...
- Taku. // New York;6/6/2005, Vol. 38 Issue 20, p54
Focuses on the noodle restaurant Taku in Brooklyn, New York City. Chef Adam Shepard's preparation of Japanese-inspired food; Menus; Restaurant design.
- SobaKoh. // New York;3/28/2005, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p54
Features SobaKoh, a soba noodle restaurant in New York City. Serving of organic buckwheat noodles.
- HAVE NOODLE, WILL TRAVEL. Cobe, Patricia // Restaurant Business;10/1/2003, Vol. 102 Issue 16, p56
Focuses on explorations made by several restaurants in noodle-based dishes as of October 2003. Highlights of the pasta served at Metairie, Louisiana-based Semolina restaurant; Cost of the dishes served at Scottsdale, Arizona-based Wild Noodles eatery; Features of the food served at Pao, a...
- Oodles of Noodles. Rowe, Megan // Restaurant Hospitality;Apr2003, Vol. 87 Issue 4, p37
Deals with the continued popularity of pasta dishes among diners in the U.S. as of April 2003. Advantages of serving noodles to restaurateurs; Ways in which restaurants serve pasta dishes; Types of pasta dishes preferred by diners. INSET: Fresh or Dried: For Both, a Time and a Place.
- TOTAL NUMBER OF U.S. UNITS. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/22/2013, Vol. 47 Issue 14, p24
A chart related to the number of food service chains in the U.S. is presented which includes Noodles & Co., Village Inn and Bar Louie.
- KUALA LUMPUR: STREET FOOD HEAVEN. Martin, Brett // Bon Appetit;May2008, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p202
The article looks at the street-food scene at the Golden Triangle in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The area's Jalan Alor street is lined with arrays of stalls that sell foods such as rice noodles stir-fried with egg, bean sprouts and shrimp; chunks of tropical fruit; shaved ice topped with sweet...
- Playing Up Seasonality. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;10/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p48
This article focuses on the promotional food-service offering of Aramark. Since one size rarely fits all, there is room for promotions to reflect regional preferences. For 2008, the soup category will include nine soups. The soups that will be offered include the traditional double chicken...