NO LAUREL-RESTING HERE: Maciag turns to mentoring
- GEORGE MACIAG. Schuster, Karolyn // Food Management;May2000, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p47
Profiles George Maciag, president of Guckenheimer Enterprises Inc. Contributions to the company's success; Management principles; Components of his employee programs.
- STAYING ON TOP OF TRENDS and In Touch with Customers. // Food Management;May2000, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p46
Focuses on president of Guckenheimer Enterprises Inc., George Maciag's advice on meeting challenges in the foodservice operation market. Being visible to clients; Listening to customers; Knowing the local restaurant scene.
- Debbie Day. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;1/26/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p82
Profiles Debbie Day, general manager of Guckenheimer Enterprises Inc. in Concord, California. Job responsibilities; Personal background; Tips of Day for other general managers.
- SILVER PLATE. // FoodService Director;04/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p40
Profiles several executives in the food service industry of the United States. Bill Anton, chairman of Anton Airfood Inc.; Glenn Davenport, chairman and chief executive officer of Morrison Management Specialists; George Maciag, president and chief executive officer of Guckenheimer Enterprises Inc.
- Growth spurt for Guckenheimer? King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;12/15/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 50, p19
William Pope, chief financial officer of Guckenheimer Enterprises Inc., recently said that the company is experiencing healthy sales growth for the first six months of fiscal year 2004, as of December 15, 2003. The improvement follows two years of sales declines, first such years in the...
- Guckenheimer's sit-down svc. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p34
Presents information on Guckenheimer company, highlighting the opening of two sit-down and wait-service restaurants in business and industrial locations. Information on operations being conducted by the company; Reasons for the introduction of the facilities; Reference to the cafeteria at the...
- GROCERY PICK-UP, PRE-PLATED MEALS: B&Is offering more perks. // FoodService Director;11/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p1
Reports on a food service package for employees as offered by Guckenheimer Inc. in Redwood Shores, California. Planned expansion of the project.
- IN REMOTE ARIZONA: Guckenheimer meets unique challenges at power plant. Bond, Marion // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p54
Focuses on the challenges of providing food service at Palo Verde Nuclear Station in Phoenix, Arizona as faced by Guckenheimer Inc. Estimated number of employees served; Adjustment with working hours; Average costs of food; Quality goal.
- Gearing-up to go national. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;12/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p58
Features Redwood Shores, California-based food service contractor Guckenheimer Enterprises. Gross annual sales; Number of facilities operated; Price per share of stock; Management philosophy; Expansion plans according to George Maciag, president and chief operating officer. INSETS: Bidding on...