EEOC MAY IGNORE ARBITRATION
- EEOC suits put harassment on operators' front burner. Zuber, Amy // Nation's Restaurant News;02/01/99, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p1
Probes into the implications of the lawsuits filed by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) against restaurant companies in the United States. Background of the lawsuits; Comments from restaurant operators; Figures released by an EEOC spokesman.
- Retailers hit with EEOC complaints. // New York Amsterdam News;2/21/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 8, p40
Reports settlement of charges against the retailers Wal-Mart Corp. and Target Corp. filed by U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Allegations of racial discrimination against Black employees; Details of the charges; Amount of the settlement.
- Guilty, with an Explanation. Meisler, Andy // Workforce (10928332);Jun2003, Vol. 82 Issue 6, p24
Describes how the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission handled the case against Dial Corporation for tolerating sexual harassment. Award given by the commission to the company in 1998; Settlement of the case.
- Cox Faces EEOC Suit. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;6/3/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 22, p16
Reports on a lawsuit filed by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission against a supervisor of Cox Communications Inc. for harassment of Hispanic workers in the organization. Details of treatment of Hispanic workers; Demands made by workers in the lawsuit.
- circuit brief. Slezak, Michael // Corporate Legal Times;Nov2003, Vol. 13 Issue 144, p52
Reports on the case filed by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission against Bombardier Aerospace Corp. in the U.S. Dismissal of Michael Kolman, a jet salesman of the company; Reason for the dismissal; Claim of the agency on the company's violation of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- At EEOC Meeting in Houston: Seeking immigrant protection. // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p26
Reports that advocates for the growing number of immigrants in the United States (US) workforce are urging the US Equal Employment Opportunities Commission (EEOC) to refocus its enforcement priorities to target the food service industry. Response form EEOC Chairwoman Ida L. Castro.
- Former Arizona Africana Studies Professor Charges Discrimination. // Black Issues in Higher Education;07/08/1999, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p72
Focuses on a discrimination lawsuit filed by Tolagbe Ogunleye, former professor in the University of Arizona's Africana Studies department, against the institution. Factors that lead to filing a lawsuit; Role of Equal Employment Opportunity Commission on the case; Effect of the lawsuit.
- EEOC Files Age Suit Against Allstate. De Simone, Marcella; Ruquet, Mark E. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;1/7/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 1, p6
Reports the lawsuit filed by the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission against Allstate Corp. on allegations of engaging in age-discrimination against its agents. Events that led to the filing of the lawsuit; Reaction to the lawsuit; Overview of the Exclusive Agency program of...
- EMPLOYEE LAWSUITS DIP, FACE NEW HURDLES. Hansen, Fay // Workforce Management;Apr2005, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p27
Reports on a decrease in number of employee lawsuits in the U.S. in 2004 according to the data from the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Percentage of employers who were charged with gender discrimination; Decline in number of discrimination charges filed by employees against their...