FOR PURCHASING ADVANTAGE: Cal. schools broaden scope
- Beaufort County schools raise participation 10-12%. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p12
States that the Beaufort County School District in Beaufort, South Carolina have increased its participation at secondary level since the introduction of a corporate iamage as `Sea Island Foods,' program. Information on the program; Expectations of the company; Increase in the number of...
- How school f/s is performing. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p90
Comments on the performance of foodservice operations in the United States, focusing on the increase in the total food service expenditures for 100 top school districts in 1996, while highlighting the Foodservice Director's 1996 Performance Report. Comparison of figures attained in 1996 to that...
- Summer Food Program. // Malakoff News (TX);5/ 4/2012, Vol. 103 Issue 16, p14A
The article reports on the participation of Malakoff Independent School District (ISD) in Malakoff, Texas in the Summer Food Service Program, in which all children 18 years old and under will given meals for free.
- PUTTING IMAGINATION TO WORK: Utah schools raise participation with taste-tests, remodels, games. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p38
Reports on the food service at Nebo School District in Spanish Fork, Utah. Strategies used by the cafes to improve participation; Goals of food service supervisor Bill Vest; Quality services offered by the cafes.
- Calif. school district intros snack items. // FoodService Director;10/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p6
Reports that during fall 1997 a low food-cost high-profit snack item called `ranch and roll' debuted in the Glendale Unified School District in La Crescent, California. Features of `ranch and roll'; Comments made by food service director Rick DeBurg; Details on the availability of `ranch and roll.'
- How School F/S Is Performing. // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p67
Provides financial information on the performance of the top 100 school districts in the United States. Trend in school food spending; Total number of schools by state according to the 1998 FoodService Director census report; Expenditures for equipment and supplies; Renovation expenses of...
- Munday Schools to offer Summer Food Service Program. // Munday Courier (TX);5/2/2007, Vol. 34 Issue 22, p4
The article reports that the independent school district of Munday, Texas is sponsoring the Summer Food Service Program.
- 2001 REPORT: Food purchases up 5.8%, equip. spending dips 2.3%. // FoodService Director;8/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p45
Looks at the performance of food service in school districts in the U.S. in 2001. Percentage of increase in food purchases; Percentage of decline in equipment spending; Supplies purchases of school districts in 2001.
- Calif. schools roll out `Garden Choice' food bars. Salkin, Stephanie // FoodService Director;4/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p62
Comments on the achievements of the Vacaville Unified School District, of Vacaville, California, as one of the districts selected for a Team Nutrition Community Project. Comments from food service director Brenda Padilla; Implementation of `Garden Choice' food bars by Vacaville. INSET: Produce...