AND WATCHES COUNTS RISE: Long Island dist. adds profile to elem. meals
- Grade school kids order their lunch on the Net. // FoodService Director;12/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p8
Reports that classes at schools from the Tigard-Tualatin School District near Portland, Oregon are ordering lunches via the Internet. Comments from Janet Beer, foodservice director; Time by which meal counts are transmitted; Number of elementary schools which were expected to be phased into the...
- Here's What We Do... Food Service: Serving More Than Food. // NEA Today;Sep97, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p41
Features Annie Hutchison, food service supervisor at E.L. Connally Elementary School in Atlanta, Georgia. Influence of being an activist member of the National Education Association, on her views about her job; Motivation given by the union to do a better job; Importance of developing a close...
- Fla. elementary schools teach kids the basics of foodservice. // Nation's Restaurant News;01/10/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p16
Reports on the plan by elementary schools in Florida to educate their children in the basics of foodservice. Training of children at the kitchen spearheaded by Locke assistant manager of food and nutrition services Sheri DiBiasi; Introduction of program at the Jacksonville Aramark School to...
- Puppets teach kids about food safety. // Food Management;Sep99, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p11
Focuses on the Operation Food Safety program in Arkansas schools. Founder of the program; Use of puppets to teach schoolchildren about food safety; Curriculum packages offered by the program; Members of the coalition that produced the program.
- New equipment will promote fruits and vegetables at school. // Jackson Advocate;12/16/2010, Vol. 73 Issue 9, p11A
The article reports that Canton Elementary School has purchased a specialized equipment, as part of the school's comprehensive effort to improve student health in Mississippi, which will prepare and serve fresh fruits and vegetations.
- COLORFUL SIGNAGE FOR IMPACT: Oregon elementary school serves food 'the kids way'. // FoodService Director;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p6
Provides information on the signage program of the food service company Sodexho Marriott Services at the Miller Elementary School in Salem, Oregon. Emphasis of the program; Attractions for adult customers; Cards system.
- SCHOOLS ADOPT NEW MENU: TOPEKA GETS PREPARED. // FoodService Director;9/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the decision of the Topeka School District in Kansas to serve prepared meals at several elementary schools to limit labor and transportation costs, as of September 2003. Benefits of the meals program using ConAgra's Max Meals; Cost involved in the implementation of the program;...
- LAKELINE. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);5/29/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p1
The article offers local news brief in Lake Whitney, Texas as of May 29, 2013 on topics including enrollment schedule in Whitney Elementary School, Lunch and Learn program, and applications for food vendor booths.
- Have Salad, Will Travel. // Food Management;Jan2004, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p14
Focuses on the food services for students at the six elementary schools of the Manheim Central School District in Manheim, Philadelphia. Request of students for a daily dose of salad; Provision of two mobile salad bars that rotate each week among the schools; Benefits of the mobile salad bars...