AT MASS. PRIVATE SCHOOL: Carnival night lets students prep & sample ethnic menu
- Pineapple Awards fete foodservice mentors, students, employees. Liddle, Alan // Nation's Restaurant News;9/17/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 38, p88
Presents highlights from the Western Foodservice & Hospitality Exposition in Los Angeles, California. Recognition of extraordinary culinary arts students, mentors and restaurant employees; Keynote speaker; List of scholarship winners.
- Planning a Successful Student Union. Porter, H. David // Food Management;Jul2002, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p24
Provides tips in forming a college student union foodservice. Components of the union; Assessment of the design and programming at student unions; Influence of foodservice on dining program; Advantages of operationalizing the venue during the planning stages.
- From beginning to end, foodservice industry offers students a career path, not just a job. // Nation's Restaurant News;03/15/99, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p35
Editorial. Discusses opportunities that the United States food service industry presents for students. Career foundation provided by the industry for the young and less fortunate; Life lessons available to those who wait tables; Advertisement created for McDonald's which focused on the...
- Healthier on all fronts. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p96
Covers the efforts of foodservice employees in several colleges and universities in the United States in introducing healthy foods to students. How Patty Smith, school lunch manager at Oswego City School District, New York, prepares meals; Menu served by Peggy Lee, senior director of child...
- SNACK CART FACES DEBT. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);2/15/2012, Vol. 139 Issue 7, p12A
The article offers information on the financial problems faced by the snack cart managed by the Student Council of Snack Shack in Burnet, Texas, which was established during their college readiness activity.
- LET THEM EAT CRISPS. Dixon, Bernard // Sciences;Jan82, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p7
Presents developments related to nutrition among students in Great Britain. Influence of government policies on the nutritional well-being of the students; Decrease in the tally of children eating school meals; Inefficiency of food service in schools.
- Menus. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);4/10/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p4
A list of menus for senior citizens in Donley County and Hedley and for students at the Clarendon Independent School District (CISD) in Texas for the period April 14-18, 2014 is presented that include baked ham, beef stew and cheeseburger.
- Seafood From Norway honors rising culinary stars. // Nation's Restaurant News;02/05/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p53
Reports the launching of the first Seafood Masters Awards by Seafood From Norway in New York. Recognition of culinary students across the United States; Judges of the competition; Prizes of the winners.
- Following the guidelines. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;07/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p78
Focuses on the challenge faced by school foodservice directors in the United States in adhering to dietary requirements while satisfying students' appetites. Cooking methods used; Food ingredients preferred by students; Applications of tofu in low-calorie cooking.