LESS IN STOCK, MORE IN POCKET: Long Beach Med. Ctr. trims menu
- NEW KIOSK IN BURBANK: Java City perks up St. Joe's. // FoodService Director;4/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p5
Focuses on the increase in coffee sales at Joseph's Medical Center in Burbank, California since the installation of a Java City branded coffee kiosk. Factors attributed to the sales increases; Expansion of its operation or schedule; Check average at Java City.
- SALAD SALES SOAR 31%: PANINIS HELP HOSPITAL. // FoodService Director;5/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p10
Reports on the sales of Stanzas Cafe at Overlake Hospital Medical Center in Bellevue, Washington as of May 15, 2003. Growth in its gross revenue; Dishes served; Information on its catering operations.
- $30K MONTHLY: Wash. hosp cafe provides 'get-away' feel, turns profit. // FoodService Director;04/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p5
Features the Stanzas, a retail cafe at Overlake Hospital in Bellevue, Washington. Comparison with The Atrium, the hospital's discounted cafeteria; Food served at the cafe; Numbers of customers; Goal for the establishment of the cafe.
- WITH CHEF'S TABLE A SHOWPIECE: Maine Medical Center cafe makes the right impression. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;6/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p38
Deals with the renovation of the cafe at Maine Medical Center in Portland through a partnership with the hospital's Maine Heart Center. Purpose of the renovation; Design of Impressions Cafe; Food items served at The Chef's Table of the hospital.
- Friendly's set as Baystate Medical Center. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p1
States that the Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, Massachusetts is planning to create a food operation in the lobby entrance which is expected to include the branded concept by Friendly's. Description of the area where the operation will be set up; When the operation is scheduled to open;...
- AT CAL-PACIFIC MED. CTR: MEAL TIME DELIVERY DROPS. // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p6
Reports on the food service at the California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco. Entrees offered to patients; Benefits of the food service approach.
- RETAIL PROGRAM UPGRADE: Maine Medical Center takes customer nutrition to heart. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p30
Reports on the food service program of Maine Medical Center. Development of a heart-healthy food service program; Growth of the cafeteria of the center; Details of the I Love Food program.
- TO RAISE THE BAR FOR CUSTOMERS, STAFF: Value meals, food safety are tops at VA Canteens. // FoodService Director;11/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p1
Repors on the introduction of value meals to the cafeterias of Veterans Canteen Service in Veterans Affairs Medical Centers in the United States. Partnership with Coca-Cola for promotion and marketing; Features of the meal; Importance placed by the agency on food safety.
- 11 ENTREES REPLACE 7-DAY CYCLE: Revamped patient menu nets UCLA hospital $30K. // FoodService Director;11/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p8
Reports on the changes in patient menus as the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) Medical Center in Los Angeles. Advantages of the menu change; Features of the offering.