Activate Your Solderability Testing Program
- Spray Fluxing--It's Not the Same Old Game. Berger, Harvey L. // Circuits Assembly;Jan2003, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p38
Focuses on applying solder flux using spray methods called spray fluxing. Origin of spray fluxing; Parameters and equipment required for spray fluxing; Types of spray fluxers; Application of selective fluxing on printed circuit boards.
- The Evolution Revolution in Flux. Hisert, Jim; Mackie, Andy C. // Advanced Packaging;Jul2007, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p28
The article discusses developments in soldering fluxes for semiconductor packaging. The author cites the evolution of ball-attach fluxes for ball grid array (BGA) substrates in a pattern of accurately controlled deposits. He also emphasized the importance of pin-transfer flux method for BGA...
- Instantaneous fluxless bonding of Au with Pb—Sn solder in ambient atmosphere. Teck Kheng Lee; Sam Zhang; Chee Cheong Wong; Ah Chin Tan // Journal of Applied Physics;8/1/2005, Vol. 98 Issue 3, p034904
A fluxless bonding technique has been developed as a method of flip-chip bonding for microelectronic packaging. The fluxless bonding technique can be achieved instantaneously in an ambient environment between metallic stud bumps and predefined molten solder. This paper describes the mechanics of...
- Using lead-free solder. Henkenius, M. // Popular Mechanics;Jun91, Vol. 168 Issue 6, p61
Discusses how the Lead Contamination Control Act has brought solders into use that are a good deal stronger and better than the generations-old tin/lead standby. Tips on using new lead-free solders; Assessing the lead risk; Lead-testing kit.
- A guide to better soldering. Thurber Jr., Karl T. // Popular Electronics;Sep94, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p37
Presents tips for better soldering. Use of the right flux and tools; Accessories; Maintenance of soldering tool; Preparation of the connection and solder; Avoidance of component damage; Desoldering; Special solder jobs. INSET: Names and numbers (electronics companies)..
- Soldering. // Design News;12/26/94, Vol. 50 Issue 25, p573
Lists companies in the United States that manufacture soldering equipment. Alloys; Equipment; Flux.
- Using Solder Fountains. Ferry, Jeff // Circuits Assembly;Nov2001, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p60
Focuses on an increase in usage of solder fountains with the introduction of lead-free solders. Pros and cons of solder fountain; Steps to be followed in working with solder fountains; Rework tips to be followed when working with solder fountain.
- Death of a Battery. Munson, Terry // Circuits Assembly;Nov2001, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p61
Focuses on hand soldering process. Causes of faults in the soldered product; Usage of weal organic acids as fluxes; Appropriate amount of flux to be used in soldering.
- Surface-Mount Solder Attachments. Crawford, Jack; Engelmaier, Werner // Circuits Assembly;Jul2002, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p28
Focuses on the impact of questionable test regimens and extravagant claims for IPC to develop a standard to ensure proper solder joint reliability in the U.S. Importance of design for reliability for proper performance; Identification of the accelerated testing issues; Reliability of the test...